Why is last to cap flag what wins draws?

Okay, what is with this asinine rule?

I recently started to play BGs because I need Blood of the Enemy. It has came to my attention in an extremely annoying way that whomever caps a flag last (be it 1 - 1), the last team to cap wins.

What in gods unholy hell is this rule?

So, you are telling me the team who held the lead for 8-9 minutes and then in the last few seconds the enemy team caps to counter any counterplay wins??? WHAT?

Does no one else find a problem with this? Is this too much for my PvE mind to handle?..

7 Likes

If a team really does hold the lead for 8-9 minutes then capping the flag last second to score a win isn’t as easy as it sounds, unless the leading team screws up or gets outplayed. And if that happens? Play better next time.

5 Likes

They played better for the whole game though?.. Maybe it was just luck but to cap last to win? That is just so stupid. It makes no sense at all.

Not the greatest rule. Mainly prevents the team that scored from playing overly defensive for the remainder of the game and it’s an incentive for the losing team to play even if they’re behind

15 Likes

It’s why you can’t ever stop preventing them to cap. It’s incentive for the team losing to keep pushing and incentive for the team winning to not just outright turtle in the flag room because if they get out with the flag it is a possible score and loss.

10 Likes

Then make it a draw, and in the event of a draw make it a Player Elimination. Last one standing wins or something. I have yet to find a valid argument as to why this is whats implemented over anything better

1 Like

Sounds like a valid argument.

Another very good argument.

3 Likes

In my opinion, you are delusional if you believe this is a valid argument. How about we tell that to any sport franchise out in the world?

Hey guys! We know you were in the lead the whole game - but you see. These guys scored last. I know, I know. You had spectacular defense and offense the whole game and because they scored on the final buzzer, instead of giving Over time. We are just going to claim them a winner.

Yeah…

There is an argument to be had here, but you are going from one extreme to another. Therefor the answer is not a valid solution - therefor in my opinion. Not a valid argument for current implementation…

Having a game of back and forth flag taking and returning. Then some defense, just to have it end with a tie - but you lose? That is not a acceptable outcome. You played better the whole game. You capped first, and you prevented them from capping at all - and more the whole game.

You played better. Period.

IF they played better, they would of capped first and prevented counter capping the whole game.

Delusional man…

1 Like

Seeing that you’re new to BG’s and “uncomfortable” posting on your 120 character. Your opinion means very little to anyone.

1 Like

I have no “uncomfort” posting on any character. This is, and has been, my forum poster since old forums. As elitest wannabes like yourself try to use gear and such as an excuse to ignore others opinions. As it shows here.

Since you have nothing else to say on the matter at hand, besides looking at my beautiful character. I will no longer be reading your messages.

2 Likes

The rules are clear … and the reasons have already been put forward by others . It has resulted in great games .

4 Likes

Flawed yea. In line with blizz typical ability to critically think? yup.

The rule helps keep games more active and fun.

The team in the lead still actively tries to cap the flag again. They don’t hardcore turtle up.

The team that’s behind can still play for a win and not just a tie. They don’t immediately give up and go AFK because they need to cap at least twice in a row to see the bg rewards.

6 Likes

Well if you played better than they wouldn’t have capped at all, or you could have had a 2nd cap.

This here just shows that with a combination of maneuvering and mistakes on your team’s part they were able to pull one out

3 Likes

No, you barely played better, or probably got lucky with an early cap. Playing better would be going 2-0 or even 3-0, being just one cap above the enemy team the entire game means that your win conditions are shaky and liable to being taken away if you don’t extend your lead. If your team captures a flag first and wants to guarantee a win, prevent the enemy team from capping and get yourself another point.

Draws only exist for when neither team manages to cap a flag at all, and if you want to do something similar to “last man standing”, arena might be for you.

4 Likes

I concede that my puny PvE brain can’t handle the complexity of today’s BG win tactics and what not. Clearly, seeing as I am in the minority in thinking this rule is asinine, am wrong.

You all have fun in playing the extremes, it is not for me. The logic most of you bring forth is on such a different plain of existence from my own I cannot comprehend your thoughts, and will therefor conclude, personally, that you are all just accepting what is given without questioning if it is good or not.

Good day.

I’m sure that was a really exciting moment for everyone who managed to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

3 Likes

Once my team managed to cap with 45 secs to go to make it 1-1 but a warrior from the other team got hold of the flag and literally jumped across the map and won it 2-1 with 5 secs to go . We went from excitement to sorrow in 45 seconds. I will never forget that WSG.

5 Likes

It’s because it was the only style of bg that could result in a draw and they wanted that to change

Guys did you not see that he got the last word in? This thread should be closed now, the man went back to the Chocolate Factory.

1 Like