Why is Jaina more powerful than First Arcanist Thalyssra

Player character doesn’t factor into lore. Or did I misunderstand your context?

why thalisra would be more powerful than one of the strongest mages since wc3 in the history of azeroth?

2 Likes

Jaina is what we all would hope to be after defeating the Lich King, Deathwing, Thunderking, and Tyrant Garrosh. Thalyssra does have years of wisdom but she has also been largely away from conflict. It did not appear much fighting took place against the Legion in Suramar (before the actual expansion) and the only real fight I remember seeing her in prior to us was a rebellion.

If Thalyssra was more in practice maybe she would do better but Jaina has been assisting in fighting some of the biggest threats on Azeroth (even if not directly involved in the “killing” of some). Its somewhat similar to playing WoW (in a sense), if you keep playing for years you are likely to well practiced and get better while taking extended breaks will cause drops in performance as you are just not as accustomed until you practice/play more again.

4 Likes

Because apparently it’s logical for a brand new character to be super strong, and come out of no where.

But when Jaina does it (despite being here for almost two decades) she can’t be super strong and come out of no where.

Backwards logic if you ask me. It always falls to one of the most head shaking arguments which has plagued every fantasy avenue since DND and it’s “BUT BUT, MAH ELVES ARE THOUSANDS OF YEARS OLD!” That’s where it always leads back to. If you ask me fantasy would be better if Elves were simply removed. Yes I’m aware that I’m playing an elf tyvm.

8 Likes

I’m more annoyed that the Alliance has all these God-tier heroes on their side and the Horde has…

Sylvanas? I guess?

Would be nice to see Horde heroes actually be heroes for the Horde side without dying, being shoved into the narrative abyss, or villain batted to make the Alliance heroes even more heroic.

Pretty sure Elisande would wipe the floor with legion Jaina.

So terrible excuse.

Well that’s only because Elisande has the best wine available obviously.

Thalyssra was just stuck with the scraps.

2 Likes

ellisande was empowered by the nightwell, not even khadgar could beat her.

the nightwell is gone.

4 Likes

She also made a pact with Gul’Dan if I may add.

My headcanon tells me the First Arcanist has been in a bubble studying the same Arcane tomes for 10,000 years, whereas Jaina is using the latest and greatest Arcane magic.

Plus, her staff, being a student of Antonidas, leader of the Kirin Tor, etc.

3 Likes

Jaina got a lot of power boosts for no real good reason throughout her story. She got a powerup from Aegwynn, she absorbed some juju on the Isle of Thunder, and I’m sure there’s something else I’m forgetting–maybe she absorbed some of Kaelcgos’s power from the time they smashed or something. It’s nonsensical.

Why yall keep mentioning Antonidas like arthas didn’t just roflpwn him.

At least Sylvanas dying to him made sense because she was simply a ranger vs. A 2nd generation death knight.

2 Likes

Ya. I think you should read more things outside bad written videogames. To consider Aegwynn a good character or reference to something is laughable at best. You have lots of info about sargeras and what a big bad villain he is. Aegwynn is a completely reaction to him. Outside of her role in sargeras she is as noteworthy as a ghoul and the ghoul in duskwood that hunted me is more noteworthy than alodi.

There isn’t any mention how she defeated him. Did she blasted frostbolts? Fire power? Arcane missels? Where is his weak point? What power the avatar had used? How far the combat went? There is nothing. All you find is that sargeras is that bad and powerful and to be defeated logically she had to be that powerful.
Ends there, rest is “Map out” aka “i assume what i want because if fits my wishes” Even the first chapters of the first book of harry potter which is extremely childish has more depth than this “map out” writing.

According to Wowpedia for the mage class, when the humans were first taught magic by the high elves they were surprised by how fast their human students took to the arcane. Quickly, and being able to summon amounts of power dwarfing their own abilities. However, humans often rash demeanor meant that though they wielded great power they lacked the ability for finer control that the elves patient and diligent demeanor afforded them.

So what this means is that humans have long made some of the most powerful mages in Azeroth’s history, even if they lacked the more subtle finesse that elves could achieve. Which is why it is likely Jaina is so powerful.

3 Likes

Are you talking about the same Ranger who exposed her chest like a lover to Arthas?

1 Like

Techniques and methodology and tools can advance too. Thalyssra trained originally 10,000 years ago. She’s been trapped in a bubble. She might be the best in Suramar, but magical technique may have stagnated in 10,000 years. Think of it as the First Person performing open surgery versus now where they do the same job with new techniques that take less time, are less invasive and have less risk of infection.

7 Likes

Easiest way to explain is human potential.

How are you even still ask this after seeing Rhonin, Khadgar, and Medivh?

1 Like

Let’s be honest here. Human Potential isn’t any less cringe than An elf being powerful simply because she’s an elf “who’s thousands of years old”.

4 Likes

Clearly she got taunted stop hating.

How dare you overlook our lord and savior Green Jesus! Why Thrall’s balls could blast other these lesser creatures from here to Argus, without breaking a sweat. Why it was Thrall that saved Azeroth from the Cataclysm and he will return again in the second coming to save Azeroth from Sargeras wound. :rofl:

2 Likes