Why is Jaina more powerful than First Arcanist Thalyssra

2 Likes

I agree Jaina has a power she both does not deserve to have, and she has no reason to.

However “more powerful” is a very delicate term to use in this context.

Despite the fact that “powerful” is very inconsistent in Warcraft, as the same Jaina who is said to do a lot of crap, also is the one screaming “Heroes, I need aid” for a couple of trash mobs, and Sylvanas.

However, she is a mage, and as such, he has specific powers which she can use, and she has also specific weaknesses that can be used against her. Like the thing about “my spell has limited range” or “I can only teleport short distances here”.

All in all, first we need to look at what is “her power” and what is “borrowed power”, and then what she can do as a mage, and after, we start talking about “how powerful she is”.

At the end of the day, as crap as it might have been lately, the end of fight in story is by the power of the writer’s pen, or keyboard.

I’ll take threads that stand the test of time for 300 please, Alex.

1 Like

If Sylvanas didn’t get her giga power up in bfa/sl, Jaina would be the biggest Mary Sue in warcraft.

Thalysra was only kicked out of Surumar for what likely could have been a week or two TOPS or however long it was after the battle of the broken shore not too long after Gul’dan disenchanted Varian. All we know is that he went straight to Surumar at some point afterwards.

Truly powerful magic too.

Jailor goes lock her up.

Guard goes what about the staff, sir?

staff whispers to him…

Leave it. she won’t break free to use it again.

sure? sir? We have an armoury manned 24/7 dude. Away from her, nice and safe?

leave it in the room.

Nothing to see here, people. The person responsible for the initial bump of this thread is also the author of this troll thread:

There are also examples of this user quoting and responding to themselves on alts, so…

1 Like