Why is jaina killed off?

i don’t raid or do much PvE so i don’t understand why jaina proudmoore is a raid boss. can someone just quickly fill me in? what did she do? does she actually die for good in the new raid or somehow survive?

1 Like

She gets bored and wanders off. So no, she doesn’t die.

23 Likes

47 Likes

I don’t mean to sound rude but… you could have taken 5 seconds to Google™ the fight and seen that she doesn’t die.

28 Likes

Jaina’s the one driving the whole “Alliance + Kul’tiras” thing, and also engineered and basically lead raid on the Zandalar to begin with.

The fact that she gets away, well… it’s was an obligatory Troll City Raid, and she’s a WC3 veteran - that’s not even remotely important enough to off someone that integral to the franchise.

1 Like

You learn she’s secretly a frost pally - she bubble hearths.

:cookie:

28 Likes

She, along with the rest of the Alliance, has plot armor. She doesn’t die.

19 Likes

You’re not wrong, but there’s nothing wrong with asking and interacting with the community either (especially when there are people willing to answer).

4 Likes

Bubble Hearth

yeah but i didn’t. it’s called general discussion for a reason.

1 Like

Yeah, like the Dark Lady. :expressionless:

Point aside, only Horde leaders get killed off, the sole exception being a grand sacrifice.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, she’s an Alliance hero- she and Mekka cast ‘Alliance plot armour’ and escape at the end.

Rastakhan however…

9 Likes

shes pulls the Blizzard classic “ENOUGH” and just leaves.

3 Likes

Rastakhan got his “I made a deal with a Loa who has wanted me dead for years” ticket punched.

8 Likes

"Hey horde, we noticed you’re pretty much out of champions cuz we’ve just been killing them off like minions. Speaking of minions, remember when your last warchief died like a punk?

Anyway, since everyone knows we’re killing Sylvanas off- here’s some new, really cool Horde heroes to get behind. Here’s Rastakhan and Zul, would be a shame if something were to happen to them…"

At this rate the Horde will be following a sentient sponge by the time we kill N’zoth.

24 Likes

this made me laugh…

cause it’s true. they keep killing the horde leadery type people.

6 Likes

There was a leak that came out a while back and so far 100% of it has proven true. It said she dies in an upcoming raid wherein she finally just goes Old Gods, Neltharion insane. Supposedly, the writers are up in the air whether they want Thrall or Rexxar to intercede in the fight and try to help the Horde, but in the end, Jaina and the one helping us kill her- either Rexxar or Thrall, die. It’s supposed to bring her whole story full circle.

Who better to fight N’Zoth than Warchief Squarepants?

4 Likes

We’ve already seen the sort of damage warchief squarepants can inflict on a squid- N’zoth stands no chance!

4 Likes

I really wish I could like this more than once.

1 Like