Why is it always undead rogues?

It’s always the UD Rogues than do the most. They take the time to demount, go into stealth, do the full cheap shot kidney shot combo on low levels they gives no honor. What type of people are playing this Race/Class combo?

3 Likes

The same people who play any other race/class combo. We’re all the same, believe it or not.

17 Likes

Male human paladins are infuriating.

11 Likes

I like to take the time to dismount, go into stealth and gank targets, I even take the time to /laugh at them while I do it

Although, what guild they are in is the primary factor in whether or not I do it. If it’s a guild I like, I will just tickle them as I pass by.

1 Like

Male human paladin complaining about undead rogues. Lmao

16 Likes

Paladins can’t kill anyone.

1 Like

Most people go undead for PVP, so why does it surprise you that they PVP as undead? Troll is a PVE choice, and orc is just plain bad for rogues. Meanwhile on alliance, rogues have 4 races, and 3 of them are good. This doesn’t mean alliance always has more choices though; it just depends on the class. Hunter for example has only 2 on alliance, and 3 for horde. All 3 of the horde choices are good, while dwarf is quite questionable for hunter because there’s practically no guns in classic after you reach max level.

Ganking lowbies is fine. It’s the person who will camp lowbies’ corpses for hours that we need to seriously look at.

You have gnome mages. Don’t even pretend Horde houses the most hated class/race combo.

17 Likes

Nah, Gnomes don’t shut my class down.

1 Like

The joke went over your head

1 Like

If a rogue isn’t actively playing as a scumbag, they aren’t a true rogue.

I should know, I mained one in PVP since TBC :3

3 Likes

Human warriors are worse. If you’re green to them you’re KoS. If you’re yellow they don’t break sweaty eye contact with their mob.

3 Likes

I think I missed the memo on this, pretty sure orcs about equal to undead based on your playstyle. You already have access to a trinket that does basically the same thing as WOTF just a little less once you get rank two, the stun resist makes me 1v1 other rogues easier+ warriors, which are OP and you need all the help you can get against them, and it helps against pallies, which only exist on alliiance side (for now), AND on top of all that you can pop an attack power boost while stealthed for harder ambushes.

Undead? You get a trinket that shares a cooldown, a small amount of shadow resist (woop dee doo), and you can breath underwater longer…ok. Oh but hey you can get a free bandage, I mean thats cool I guess.

Pretty sure Orcs the best PvP race for rogues by far as horde until Blood elves come out.

It’s good for non-Rogues for sure, but WotF doesn’t share a CD with trinket in vanilla, and for Rogues Fear is generally worse than stuns to deal with since you can generally kite Warriors if you really have to. The targets you want to attack are squishy clothies too, so two of the three rely on fears to CC you.

WotF is insanely good, as is Hardiness.

2 Likes

Bro, there is a reason they are called “scum rogue” because they are scum. Anyone that plays a rogue normally takes on that mentality, i sure as hell will on my gnome rogue. You adopt the persona of the class and rogues happen to be great at being scummy.

1 Like

This isn’t retail. The trinket is 5m, which is bad, and has no other stats, which is also bad. It does NOT share a CD with racial skills, but by being undead, you can put the trinket slot to much better use. Will of the forsaken is so good in classic that they had to buff trinkets and then force them to share a 45s CD; just so other races would stop crying. Stun resist is overpowered too, hence why it’s also nerfed after classic; but rogues cannot use axes, and don’t have any pets. This is why most go undead.

2 Likes

Yeah, plus the stun resist isn’t as necessary against your main targets as a Rogue anyway. The immunity is also crazy.

For everyone who whined about EMfH, WotF was the exact same thing in a less-CC based environment - but also offered immunity. It was also 20 seconds long pre-nerf.

Maybe you should quit crutching so hard on fear to win fights.

1 Like

Good point. I’ll just stun the- err, wait. I’ll just slow the- err, no, I don’t really have that either outside of CoW. I’ll just face tank them while they murder me.

1 Like