Why is everyone ready for endgame?

Because everyone enjoys different things.

You’re making the assumption that people who do that aren’t enjoying the game or having fun, which is a major mistake and very narrow-minded.

Some people enjoy soloing.
Some people enjoy exploring every part of the game.
Some people enjoy PvP.
Some people enjoy endgame content.
Some people enjoy running around in groups goofing around.
Some people enjoy ganking people 50 levels lower than them.
Some people enjoy making a level 1 and grouping up with 50 people and trying to kill hogger.
Some people enjoy just running dungeons over and over.
Some people enjoy just doing battlegrounds.
Some people enjoy trying to be world firsts.
Some people enjoy just sitting around in a city and role playing.

It seems very silly to me to tell people how the game is supposed to be enjoyed and presume that your way of having fun is how other people are supposed to be having fun.

To some people, the game doesn’t even start until level 60. So what? It doesn’t hurt you or anyone else.

5 Likes

Everyone’s definition of fun is different. I already read all the quests years ago and don’t want to read them again. I want to experience content that I actually have not done, and I am also competitive by nature.

I want to get into a guild that is going to clear the end game content. I feel like I’ll have a better chance at doing that by not getting to level 60 5 months from now…

2 Likes

endgame has been the focus of the game since TBC. even vanilla players were sucked into it. now a majority of the people who are going to first step into classic are carrying over that retail mentality

the high end raid scene will move quickly this time. people that want to play with them will have to gear sooner than later to keep up

Maybe you should worry more about how you play the game and less about how other people play?

I plan to level as fast as I want and I certainly won’t be slowing down just because you made some vague claim I need to slow down. I’ve already leveled both factions through on both continents pre Cata, I know what’s there.

1 Like

“YOU ARE PREPARED!”

hahahaha

2 Likes

I’m here to relax personally. Its like a homecoming. Going back to the real world of warcraft.

I get my glorious talent trees back that I can spec all wrong with to my hearts content again. I get to forget ammo on my hunter and melee people in the bg again. Not to mention roll need on everything because you know its hunter gear.

I get to equip and use strange gear options for clothies. I’m reminded of that one time I stacked agility on my 19 twink warlock and melee’ed a warrior down who was sooo pissed, he focused fired me the whole rest the battle.

I get to just run around and explore every square inch of azeroth, doing what ever I want again, and not being forced to play certain ways by spec. Fun is back!

Wow: Classic is a playground of sorts for the veteran players that love the classic era of the game. There will be tourists. There will be toxic modern players bringing their go go go kick the noob bs, but they will get burned out and go back to modern.

4 Likes

Retail has spoiled everyone, they think they can clear everything in the first week… maybe a few guilds can but that is less then 1% of 1% of the entire playerbase, most people are going to be in for quite a shock.

1 Like

I bet once we start playing, people will enjoy the game like you’re saying. Some will head to the end and then roll alts perhaps. But I think everyone will eventually enjoy the journey.

But until then, there’s not much to talk about and we’re all pretty hyped. So people talk about end game raiding because it’s a good topic.

1 Like

Because

“the game doesn’t really start till you hit max level”

Is what I heard all the time in vanilla whenever someone mentioned leveling and how slow it was.

Also if all you wanna do is explore and collect why are you playing classic? Retail is 1000x better for that… way more things to collect, there is literally a discord for trying to find hidden secrets so far more to discover.

WoW has always had two games, leveling and end game. Some people care about one more than the other.

3 Likes

Idk either, which is probably why I’m not going to end up playing. The Beta kinda killed my hype, a bit disappointed, it was wayyyy too long.

I know right, people these days just wana skip 1st 2nd 3rd and go straight for the climax. What happened to taking 2 minutes and having some fun

Some people find rushing to 60 fun. The slowly exploring every nook and cranny is not for everyone. As long as everyone is doing what they enjoy, all is good.

1 Like

There were lots of people in 2005 with the same mentality.

1 Like

I guess your mindset is just different than mine. Im all about getting to hillsbrad quickly, and starting the gank train. Then getting to STV and for a good 5-8 levels just ganking and being ganked.

Then the 2nd part of the leveling process, pushing through low 40s, into the 50s and the end game nonraid pve to gear up for Phase 1 end game.

The real game for me isnt here till BGs, everything else is prep time for that.

I think this answer comes really close to what I was thinking. So many of the people I see talking about how they are going to get to cap as fast as possible are the ones who have been ‘practicing’ on the pservers. They have spent years doing all the other stuff and now all they want to do is be able to show off how elite they are on the official Classic servers.

I also really agree with this. I have been saying this since I started playing back in 2006 and is what really drew me into the game. I could have fun doing the things I wanted to do and feel like I was acomplishing things. It didn’t matter that I wasn’t doing the end game stuff because all that really matters in a game is that you have fun.

2 Likes

Can’t take serious, as why would your view on collecting have anything to do with anyone else reason for wanting to collect in Classic on top of enjoying the content and journey?

You seem to be very much into collecting things, so have to ask yourself, why are you here and why do you want to play classic if you intend to do any kind of collecting?

Because the game is a sad former shell of what it once was. When I was playing the beta stress test a grey cloth belt dropped for my druid, and I was more excited to equip that than the last 100 purples Ive gotten in the modern game.

Everything you do in the classic era of Wow feels more meaningful. Every little thing you do for your character contributes to the overall power and resources of you character. Even finding rare pets or mount. In the modern game the next major patch, or expansion renders all your personal progression a waste of time.

Because of this imo, even though there is less to collect in classic, which is debatable really after factoring in armor sets and rare weapons, collecting is more meaningful.

3 Likes

Yeah, sounds like something an Ion would say. Many of us couldn’t give a whit about the epeens of the “center donut” folk, nor are we “influenced” by them.

3 Likes