Why is everyone freaking out

So what is the harm? Really?

Looks like the sky isn’t falling after all.

I do hope you have fun on June 1st – without unearned levels or unearned gear, as it should be.

This is what you don’t get, or just plainly ignore at this point. A nerf was needed, not by 10x though, more like 4.5x to 7x, and now players are getting 1-3 honor per HK, and that 99% of the players playing at that time can confirm.

For one thing it’s not authentic. We don’t need Blizzard making changes to make the game artificially easier than it was.

Making rewards too easily obtained undermines the structure of an MMO.

For a case study, see: World of Warcraft (Retail)

If a 10x “nerf” (read: bugfix) brings us in line with the faithful and original values for TBC, then by definition of what this game seeks to accomplish, a 10x “nerf” (read: bugfix) isn’t too much… it’s just right.

But it isn’t authentic, and players are no receiving substantially less honor than what was actually earned in BC prepatch.

Honor per HK does seem clearly wrong and should be thoroughly investigated.

But this is not the motivating factor for 99% of the whiners here on the forums. These retail babies don’t care about that. They swiped their credit card for a level 58 character, and they want effortless purples to go with it.

Neither is the fact that we know BT and the sunwell are raids, or the fact that we used years on pservers to crush classic, or the fact that mage Botting changed the way players interacted with the game at a core level.

You want an authentic experience? Then you need some changes, because this time in vanilla nobody was considering putting together raid teams with 12 warlocks

I mean honestly at this point with how much hate towards, and the number of times you mentioned swiping and credit cards…

Do you have credit issues? Are you okay?

Edit: that’s a lot of babies mention too, are you sterile aswell? Do not worry friend, we love all human beings equally!

Not when the time time to attain that gear is less then half the duration. Look I get it you would prefer a game were your last tier progression guaranteed yourself some sort of massive advantage on the meta of the next expansion. You really don’t care if it’s accurate or not, and with or without it being you would prefer there not be pre patch catch up mechanics you have made that clear. Funny part is for all the complaining people like you do the culture creative by your type drives more players away from the game then any Blizzard move ever has.

He’s hit his limit on all his cards buying gold for mage boosts in classic. So authentic!

This is some BS. Maybe if you are on a toxic streamer server. But Myzrael won’t be like this.

Wow you’re totally right.

Because the playerbase has more game knowledge today than it did when the game was brand new, obviously the only recourse is for Blizzard to add DKs, Monks, DHs, allied races, cash shop, ability pruning, paid character boosts, and all the other great retail WoW features!

What tier in TBC do we all get our Legion artifact weapons? After all, the artifact knowledge / artifact power system is a “modern” catch up mechanic. Since you are open to some changes, and since you are particularly interested in changes that even the playing field between those who work hard for nearly 2 years vs. those who show up in the last 2 weeks before the dark portal opens, let’s just go ahead and backport the Legion artifact weapons into TBC classic. Good idea!

This entire thread is hyperbole

It’s really not as much about the gear as people think it is. Gear is only part of the picture.

It’s really about the original pre patch experience. It was a big event that people fondly remember. It lasted a month and there was plenty of time to farm the honor to get some of the gear. In the case of our current prepatch. You lost one full day on tuesday. And if you didn’t pvp on wed, you now only have 12 days to earn honor.

The experience is trash. Pretty easy to figure out why people are pissed off.

1 Like

Plus on wednesday, you were getting kicked out of your BG’s for no reason, so you lost another day right there.

1 Like

Its about boosted players not getting free gear. They will actually have to play their characters to get gear now.

FYI, I would be careful about making baseless accusations of cheating. Blizzard forum code of conduct can consider that to be a “witch hunt” which is a bannable offense.

It seems to me that people’s complaint is that they can’t actually in the time alloted. I haven’t logged in to pre-patch yet so I couldn’t say whether they are correct in that assessment.

Meh some of us dont care about the gear. I’ve got 50k honor banked so im set for weapons when im 70. thx blizz, shame it wasnt a few hours longer