Why is cross-realm Wintergrasp OK but not LFD?

I mean I knew what they were going to do with Wintergrasp and called it, but without the server rivalries and stuff, It will be about 10% of what it was. Just another boring battleground not worth bothering with. VoA will be open all the time too with the buff for all. Boring.

Not that I’m planning to play WotLK much because I expect a 2/10 game BUT I just find it weird that the OP is all for PVP changes that reduce the quality after being super against HvH etc.

Everything that should matter (for some people) for the game seems to be used as a RDF talking point on here by people who just cheerlead each other. As if nothing else matters.

Edit, I called it here in December '21. When people actually talked about different things on the forums and not just GDKPs and RDF all the time:
How will wintergrasp work in wotlk classic - WoW Classic / Burning Crusade Classic Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)
"They’ll have to do this or instance it/turn it into a battleground which doesn’t really work well when you consider what it is.

It also won’t feel anything like WotLK Classic but the majority who are playing now don’t want an authentic “Classic” experience anyway, they just want Retail with less of a power grind, so they probably don’t care."

3 Likes