Why is classic+ not even considered in the survey?

It’s in the thread just read it, or you want me to quote myself?

The part where you said that people have different ideas on what Classic+ is and that Blizzard can’t do it?

This quote? :point_down:

Or you mean the video?

No, but somebody already asked what is classic+ in the thread.

Ah, that one.

I suppose that is a consistent request i’ve been seeing throughout, i’m more or less thinking the specifics like what sort of specific additional content, and improvements, but alright.

I don’t have a blueprint for classic+ but my idea is basically this:

• Big class balance pass with mixed in tbc and wrath talents and skills.

• Better quest and leveling expirience with more added quests from tbc prepatch

• Rebalance dungeons and raids to make em more challenging according to the new class balance and player power, maybe add heroic mode.

• Loot changes specifically tier sets to accommodate more than one spec per class can use it.

• New pvp system, not sure what to do here

• Additional content beyond p6, includes cut content from vanilla, maybe scarlet crusade and timbermaw raids, who knows what else, the sky is the limit, but it’s important to keep everything in Azeroth.

3 Likes

Me Personally…

• Ascension but with a few Retail features like the modern day Tmog/Barbershop,

• with the Worgen/Goblin/Pandaren Races,

• Maybe new races like Naga and Orges,

• World Quests but reworked to work as it did in GW2,

• Bigger emphasis on Professions

• and have the new zone be the unreleased Emerald Dream.

• … And maybe have Steward Copeland as well Peter Neff and Kenneth Burgomaster in the soundtrack composers. Mid Flute and Platform Peril for Life!!

That’s just a start for me, but it’s the basic jist.

A (most likely) innocuous starting point could be focused on the originally-planned content for the Vanilla launch that got cut last minute and never implemented. The Timbermaw Hold & Emerald Dream bough portals come to mind. Azshara also had content withheld iirc.

An indulgence of mine would be a quest centered around the complete destruction of The Dark Portal.

2 Likes

I’m in for the Rhythmatist.
I’m sorry did you say anything else?
:wink:

Karazhan was supposed to be a ten man vanilla raid if I remember correctly. Azshara was supposed to be more fleshed out and host a battleground. There’s vids on youtube that cover what plans never made it into vanilla. The amount of originally planned content that didn’t make it is astonishing - to me anyway.

Classic+ has tons of potential. So many things they could do without harming that old school vanilla feel. Blizzard is just too big of an entity to think that small though.

2 Likes

“New PvP system” just add RBGs imo. They’re fun and don’t defeat the spirit of classic

Their intent seems pretty clear with almost every question centered on Cata alone (with only ONE non-Cata option at the very last page), that they will be doing some form of “Cata+”.

For me, I don’t want Classic+ (much less Cata or anything Cata’ish) since the development of new content in Vanilla WoW already gives me heartburn.

Cataclysm…will never be CLASSIC WoW. No matter what label you put on it…it’s just full-on Retail.

They should just call it “Cataclysm - Remix Vol. 1”.

Personally, I won’t play SOM again because it felt too rushed, temporary and artificial - it’s supposed to be The WORLD of Warcraft - not Season Of Whatever.

I only ask for Classic Era to be around for years with maybe a Fresh Era realm every 2 years, following something like Fyris’ suggestion:

The Talent Tree’s in Cata were significantly changed to be more simplified and also to have a capstone limit.

Cataclysm will literally be DOA. You really think alot of people will play it?? Unless they do drastic changes and add cut content, you’re living in a dream world. Look at pservers. There isnt and hasnt been an active cata server since wow pservers started.

Dude, I’m sorry watching CNN makes you think of the spooky russian hackers but literally no server is gonna hack you.

Definitely need a change to make quest boss npcs globally shared instead of tagged. I’ve always maintained that pov.

1 Like

Yeah i don’t think that’s true. I remember seeing one awhile back and a search comes up with several on dkpminus.

Owned /10c

I don’t play retail, haven’t played retail since legion and before legion I hadn’t played since Cata.

Not that this hasnt been answered a million (hyperbole) times, but it is because it takes a ton more assets to create new content than it does to rerelease old content. They likely did a cost vs benefit and decided the potential gain wasnt there yet.

AsmonYIKES