Why Is Baine Even A Part of the Horde?

Was it free? Well damn. Didn’t know that. I just knew a Novella was out. Chronicle had left a bad taste in my mouth so I basically started refusing to boy any novels that came from Blizz. I assumed A Good War was a paid one, didn’t know it was free. And it explains why Sylvanas is her smart, manipulating and forward-thinking self again in the novel, not a psychotic, screaming, emotional child as we saw in… anything that Christie wrote.

Yeah it’s just on the official site. Also, so is Elegy and all the other short stories Blizzard’s ever written.

You won’t find Blood of the Highborne or any Novels on the site though.

1 Like

Well, if they are free, fine. Though i still refuse to pay for BtS and the other chronicle books, considering how bad the first one was.

Bet i just blew ur mind :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Golden catches a lot of unfair flack. I get that it’s cool to hate on her, and I’m guilty of it myself especially considering some of her recent work(BTS), and her weird Baine fetish, but Rise of the Horde, portions of war crimes and lord of the clans were very well written. I really enjoyed Durotan and Orgrim’s characterization in particular as being two really decent individuals watching the downfall and corruption of a noble race while being helpless to do much to stop it. Golden’s main flaw is her inability to write Forsaken characters who don’t come off as being neutered and whitewashed in a manipulative way to appeal to an Alliance palate. But then I think of this passage in War crimes where Garrosh tells off Anduin and it’s just great:

"You listen to me, boy. I hope you live to be king. Because whether or not I am there to see it, the day you take the throne, the orcs will celebrate. And we will come for Stormwind. Do you hear me? We will race through your streets, and kill your people. We will place your soft little peace-craving body on a pike, and burn your city down around your still-wet ears. And in whatever afterlife your precious Light grants you, your parents will wish Queen Tiffin had miscarried.

Golden is occasionally brilliant.

11 Likes
6 Likes

Kind of hard to imagine a big surly orc man using “miscarry” in an insult.

1 Like

Probably because he believes in the Horde as an organization as Saurfang does. But doesn’t want perceived wrongdoers leading it.

Is not that easy, Tauren people depends a lot of the Horde. And the Horde also need the Taurens. And if you see the kind of crazy b*tch that we have as warchief, leave the Horde is clearly not a good choice right now, unless you want see your capital city get burn to the ground.

Nobody is asking tauren as a whole to leave the horde, just baine.

5 Likes

Baine is not going to leave his people, is the whole package or nothing.

1 Like

Well if you insist, I suppose it’s still a fair trade to be rid of baine.

6 Likes

I mean he seems to care more about anduin then them at times.

1 Like

So, doing another genocide will be the right thing to do, in order to kick out Baine? Even if you make a genocide over a race (again) that is your ally already?

1 Like

That is no fair trade, there are many sensible cow people that don’t follow wimpy wimpy wimpy Baine, just look at the Leatherworking profession quest.

Isn’t really opposed to Baine directly, but it’s a good first step to usurp the coward’s rule.

… excuse me, but what is brilliant over she portraying an Orc talking like some teenage edgelord?

Pfff, sure sure, cause demoting your civilians under the broad “legitimate military target” classification while moaning over the inmorality of blowing up an actual military settlement messing up with your backyard is totes what the Horde as an organization should be about.

“At times”? You surely mean most of the time…

1 Like

/roll eyes

That doesn’t mean that was OK destroy Taraujo and kill his habitants. What that really means is the assault over Taraujo was something predictable, and logicaly a target for the Aliance, like Theramore for the Horde. It’s a logical statement from someone who knows something about warfare, not a declaration of disinterest or contempt about Taraujo and his people.

3 Likes

Ok, that made me laugh. I honestly found it impressive that the woman who adopted Anduin and Baine as her writer pets was able to tap into the psyche of a brash, arrogant, rude, overconfident and unreasonably aggressive orc like Garrosh. She usually struggles when it comes to writing characters like that. Don’t get me wrong, I liked Garrosh, but that paragraph where he tells Anduin off encapsulates his character perfectly.

2 Likes

It wasn’t whether he’s right or wrong, just a response to why he probably acts in such a manner.

1 Like

That´s the thing, she didn´t got correctly the Orc portrayal. An actual Orc portrayal would had gotten Garrosh saying a point remark about how Blanduin was a honorless coward just to inmediately procees with him trying to decapitate the brat with a swing of his arm.

Man, how Golden managed to ruin Baine in ToW. As Carma said one time: first a useless damsel in distress, always a useless damsel in distress.