Why Is Baine Even A Part of the Horde?

Simple answer. The Horde needs at minimum one character to whom they can elevate later to prove the Horde is actually decent, whilst simultaneously having one character to throw under the bus as the actual reason for all the bad things they’ve done.

She wrote Rise of the Horde. I thought someone else wrote Lord of the Clans. Maybe I am wrong.

And the only thing Rise of the Horde was good for is finally establishing a little bit of lore on how Draenei age, albeit VERY SLOWLY. Seeing how Rise of the Horde had one young Draenei that Durotan, as a young boy was inspecting. And Thrall, as a adult noticing the same girl when they finally came to Azeroth to escape. Only bit of useful lore they gave us in that book. And no, didn’t pay for that either. I refuse to give golden a dime for her fanfictions.

Your missing out, both that and Rise of the Horde are easily the best Horde novels written.

Yup, she wrote Lord of the Clans as well.

4 Likes

100% agree… Blizz ruined his characterization by proxy of making him just the plot device of pet characters Anduin and Jaina on Horde. They should man up and make him roll Alliance already.

4 Likes

As said, I read Rise of the Horde, I wasn’t impressed, granted it wasn’t as bad as BtS or anything else she has written recently, but the only useful thing I got out of it was a.) Draenei are… ahem… well… not wanting to be silenced again I will refrain from using powerful language and just refer to them as a man’s genitalia. and B.) Draenai age slowly.

When I find Lord of Clans somewhere, where I can read it for free, I will check it out. But I refuse to give her a dime out of principle now.

Yeah, “recently”, most of the stuff she wrote before WoD were pretty solid. Her last decent book imo was Warcrimes imo, of course most of the characterization in that story were largely ignored in-game, but still an entertaining read.

1 Like

Apparently he’s not.
He’s there to be the horde’s resident pacifist. It bothers me that Saurfang and Sylvanas didn’t even trust him enough to let him in on the war plans. I’m all for having a peace-leaning horde leader… but no SO pro-peace that he isn’t even trusted.
Then again, it doesn’t seem like they told Lorthemar they were going to war, either. Thole thing is ill conceived. But it’s their story.

“The Horde is family” or something.

Warcrimes was written by her?.. Damn… I gave her money…

Part of your 15 bucks a month is paying her salary at CDev. Strictly speaking.

Good thing I don’t pay money for subscription anymore, earning 200k gold a month is easy, I make that in a week. So nope, Blizz ain’t getting a dime from me that has anything to do with story while Christie has her dirty little mits on it. Only thing I pay for are race changes. And that only like once a month or so.

So, ~30 bucks a month, give or take.

Around there, though this month I paid nothing, neither did I the month before that… or the month before that. I have not gotten myself a single race-change since BfA started.

Oh sure. Complain about the two days where he committed treason.

But what about the hundreds of days where he DIDN’T commit treason?! Nobody talks about those!

4 Likes

You always write as if you think the Horde is a real thing that can make real decisions. Don’t you mean Blizzard needs at least one character, ect. and so on?

5 Likes

Who do you think ‘they’ referred to?

EDIT: As I reread, I see I used they to refer to Blizzard and the Horde, which is my bad.

When has Baine ever NOT committed Treason, throughout this thread we have mentioned several points where he did just that, again and again. Ever since he became leader. Baine is Alliance, not Horde.

1 Like

Eh, the time I would spend grinding gold is worth a lot more than $15 a month. When I unsub again, it will be because my guild has stopped raiding, since the story is definitely not doing it for me.

Again, less then one week of work, investing 1 hour each day. Really nothing too bothersome, I just farm Titansteel, made 150 in 3 days and that sold like… 150k in all. Not hard at all. And I started saving for the Brontosaurus mount until I saw how small it was. So I got like 4 mill saved up, I am good for a few months.

You pirated a free novella? Christine didn’t even write it.

4 Likes