Why is a bonus week wasted on pet pvp?

Wasted not because folks don’t want to participate, but wasted in as it does not que folks at all. There are some very severe limitations and throttling on the ability to even do them.

Why is that so hard to understand.

It would be a great way to boost participation in things and make others aware of them. Reboot the Island Expeditions or Warfronts maybe. Or that Ogre PVP thing from WoD.

1 Like

Personally, I find all the ‘bonus’ weeks ignore worthy but I don’t begrudge those people who like that aspect of the game.

I don’t PvP, ever, in this game, so any PvP is off the table, don’t M+, and the one that I could do only rewards anima which I have in abundance so it’s not worth doing at all.

The game has many different aspects. Not everyone enjoys all of them. What’s the loss if it’s a week you’re not interested in?

1 Like

The 100% bonus experience is great for leveling pets.

Would rather have 4 m+ dungeons but I find pet leveling weeks more useful than time walking or PvP.

The quest and it’s rewards are useless though.

1 Like

My point isn’t the content, yes there are some bonus weeks I do not do, I am not saying those are wasted just because I don’t do them, the content on those bonus weeks is working.

Pet pvp battle queing is NOT working. It is wasted because you are not allowed to pet pvp like you would doing the dungeon bonus week.

I think you might ask that question in tech support forums or that group, perhaps? There may be some underlying odd logic to the queue system or maybe it is broken. It does sound odd that if it’s a one on one system and there are at least two people queuing, they should be teamed up rather than wait.

You weren’t grouped together, were you? From a code pov that’s the only thing I could think of that might confuse a system.

It’s no more a waste than the pvp bonus week is for many.

2 Likes

Do you folks read the thread or just the title?

2 Likes

I would simply ask if this is a design issue or a possible bug. Maybe on the bug forum. It could be working as intended or something no one’s brought up that is an ongoing flaw.

1 week will have a % of players and other week will have another, Blizzard should just combine 2-3 events per week, this whole rotation just impact the gameplay overall when players could have different options because the playerbase have different priorities.

1 Like

You are going to incur the wrath of my wife here, miss pet battler supreme. She marks the bonus weeks on a calendar, and on super squirt days… well I schedule vacation, take our 3 yr old out kayaking or to the zoo, or something far away, so that she can enjoy her super squirt days that only happen 2-3 times a year.

YOU may not enjoy it. There are people that do.

That’s a good idea.

Is she able to get 5 pet pvp wins in? Or is it just the 100% to leveling that is important to her?

1 Like

Pet battle week is great, if you’re into pet battle. It’s also easy going questing for alts in places like MoP.

Sounds like a queuing system problem.

Honestly, I think the “weekly” quest for pet battle week should be moved to something more PvE-ish. Like complete 10 pet battle dailies or something.

4 Likes

Funny lots of people I know like pet week, because of both the bonus to raising pet xp, and more.

the 100% xp, though not as important as when the 100% xp also lands on the same day that the squirt pet trainer is available in the garrison… that… that is the day my child and I are banished from the house, garbage food is left within reach, trashy tv shows are loaded onto netflix, and its HER day.

1 Like

I don’t pay attention to if he does the pet battle week things, but

is 100% on my SOs calendar.

I can just picture the meme with the bird and the crow.

“PVP BAD… NOBODY LIKE PVP” SQUAAAWK

1 Like

I am, but i stopped looking into the pet battle meta after mop
I was one of the first to get the zookeeper achievement :joy:

Now i just randomly have 200 level 25s blues with optimal stats to bully legion dailies with

ITT: people reading the title and posting without reading the op.

1 Like

I like this idea. It doesn’t take content away from the 0.01% of the player base that does pvp pet battling, while at the same time freeing up a week for content that more of the player base will actually enjoy.

Perhaps another Timewalking week?