Why I want Wrath Era

I will only try out cataclysm classic if they give us the option to play a permanent wrath classic server also. Only way I will play. Because there were things about cata that were cool. But they deleted alot of cool things also. And vanilla era doesn’t cut it for me. As well as the vanilla classic plus and som and hardcore variants. Wrath will always be my boy. Arthas ftw.

1 Like

Unsubbed today and I won’t give Blizz another cent unless they give us Wrath era.

The fact that the post announcing the prepatch lists off all the things that will be premanently removed without so much as a mention of Wrath era felt like such a kick in the teeth.

They have 3 weeks until they lose my money forever and I sub to FFXIV instead. Make the right choice, Blizz.

2 Likes

You’re really proud of your shiny and wrinkleless brain huh lil bro.

it’s a video game none of it means anything outside the game.

Your achievements aren’t going anywhere just because time moves on, go touch some grass

I mean, I would rather touch grass at this rate. Least I can touch grass until the day I die. Not allowed to do that for permanent wrath classic because blizzard is a stupid company who revolve around everything being so time gated.

1 Like

no one stopping you from logging in 6 months from now to do some laps around Dalaran.

Not even going to bother giving an intelligent comment to someone who is so dense lol.

1 Like

northrend doesn’t go anywhere. Considering it took more than 3 years for classic era to attract a niche population they decided it’s not worth the resources to support.

And “bb-b-b-b-b-b-b-but what about private servers” considering even the biggest pserver at its best is still smaller than 1 wotlk server on live and most live players are not going to shift over to servers that reset, get shut down, and are filled with microtransactions…it’s not a real threat.

We had nearly 2 years with wotlk, population is cratering because it turns out the majority of players are already done with wotlk.

Well I am not done with wrath classic. So don’t take it away from me. All I gotta say. Man the selfish actions of the many ruin it for the few. To heck with all the blizzard bootlickers and permanent wrath classic player and server haters.

1 Like

Not boot lickers or wrath era haters. We’re just facing reality. I was a huge supporter of vanilla era. I personally could not understand how anyone would play the same game forever. I knew I wouldn’t play era but I accepted their arguments and believed vanilla era would do well. I was totally wrong, vanilla era was empty. I’m guessing that blizzard also accepted many of those same arguments since they left so many servers open for vanilla era. After that both blizzard and I came to the same conclusion. Era servers won’t have enough players to make it economically feasible.

I mean, vanilla era, just wasn’t for me. Hence why I never joined them. I want permanent wrath though. And I will keep going until I get them.

And I never accept reality is reality is stupid. I want to be apart of the reality where permanent wrath classic servers and cataclysm servers exist at the same time. And I will keep fighting until that happens.

It isn’t like I am the only one who wants this either. Hence why the op here is making his post about why he wants them. And well, I want them to.

1 Like

Actually threatening Blizzard, that’ll work lol.

You had ~1.5 years to play WotLK, what else do you have to do in it? From what I remember you neither raid or PvP (arena) so what exactly haven’t you done yet?

I don’t think anyone hates the idea of WotLK Era servers, most just realizes that they’re not happening and accepts it. Flailing and spamming (figure of speech) in the forums for WotLK Era servers isn’t going to get Blizzard to suddenly make them.

You had ~1.5 years to play WotLK, what else do you have to do in it? From what I remember you neither raid or PvP (arena) so what exactly haven’t you done yet?

By this logic Classic Era should not remain yet they do.

Prior to Blizzard offering official servers, among the most popular private ones were Classic, TBC and Wrath. This is where many of the metas came from include the Dual-Wield Fury-Prot tanking/pseudo-dps build I used in Classic Era.

As for Wrath, I would continue to do a daily or two. Run through some OG quests in the original vanilla game world. And other fun things that were quicker to do at Level 80 as opposed to lower levels.

For what it’s worth, your question only applies to yourself and others. And, congratulation, you’re getting classics including “Cata Classic” and potentially beyond.

It’s simple for me, I’ll play era or SoD or similar all prior to Cata. Anything Cata or beyond, modern WoW exists in essentially the state of current retail.

No Wrath-ever realms? So be it. I plan to uninstall Wrath era on 4/30 before the pre-patch goes live.

I have Classic Era, SoD and Modern Retail. I’ll miss Wrath and I would love a Wrath-ever era. I am done with any supposed ‘classics’ from Cata or beyond. They simply are not ‘classic’ in way shape or form to me; as well as others.

So, again, enjoy Cataclysm! I won’t be joining.

2 Likes

Classic Era was promised to us, WotLK Era wasn’t. Classic Era died very quickly and the only thing that keeps its players up is SoD and somewhat Hardcore.

If TBC/WotLK Era servers were to be added the only way to get players to continue playing would be for Blizzard to actually add to those servers like with what they’ve done in Classic Era with SoD, I call it the spin.

Then there’s the problem of how many people will continue playing, like actually play, not just doing a daily or two then log out. Then there’s server costs, is it profitable etc. Classic Era isn’t profitable outside of it being a reason to sub which in of itself isn’t enough to warrent servers but since Classic Era was promised to us they had to keep the servers up and now they’re giving us custom content.

So… Everyone then?

Wouldn’t be WotLK Era but I’m just being pedantic

Are you saying that you play Retail but have an issue with Cataclysm? Anyway, have fun in SoD.

Either way man. I don’t give a rip what you think. I want permanent wrath classic servers. End of story.

2 Likes

Yes, you want WotLK Era servers, and one day you might get them and if you do then nice. But currently Blizzard aren’t having any WotLK Era servers…

Also are you responding to me because you’re Paronaxia?

“Servers later” is not a solution since all our characters would have already been forced into dead wow

2 Likes

Permanent wrath I feel would be a little dead but not by much if they provided 1 server.

I enjoyed Cata, but not as a WoW expansion. I viewed it as a manifestly different game.

I would have preferred it had Azeroth been left intact. 3D models and backgrounds could have been created with the old artwork. IMHO the devs just wanted an excuse to wreck the place.

I loved the Cata expansion areas. Questing and dungeons were a blast.

I felt flight in Azeroth should have been restricted to max level as always.

The old world redo felt wrong and is still feels wrong to me.

This doesn’t mean I wouldn’t pay to clone a Wrath toon into Cata if I had that option. But Wrath saw the end of a WoW era that we never got back after Cata.

P.S. I always thought it would be a great idea to develop major theme quest lines with awesome rewards all along the way, to rebuild Azeroth in the wake of Deathwing’s destructive flyover. Although some areas of Stormwind have been rebuilt (not necessarily an improvement imho…taking the lovely green tree filled park and replacing it with a cement tree sanctuary … ugh) many areas of the world are still suffering from that event. Ashenvale, beautiful Ashenvale, has been on fire since 2010!

Anyway there is plenty of real estate that wants repair and restoration. Could make for some in game fun

3 Likes

A simple google search would tell your their exact thoughts when revamping the old world.

1 Like