Why I have my doubts

How long do you guys think players are going to stay playing a maintenance-mode game after phase 6?

You guys complain on having to raid the last raid at the end of every expansion for a year, now imagine running Naxx forever.

Imagine multiple specs never seeing the light of day because the second that Blizzard starts implementing balance changes (looking at you, oomkins), all the #NoChanges players quit.

The reason why Oldschool Runescape is able to continue growing is because they add updates. The difference between the classic community and the osrs community is that the osrs community is willing to let the game live by having new life pumped into it.

The downfall of classic wow will be the #NoChanges players, I am calling it right now.

Edit: I think I should add this in here because I see a lot of people in the comments seem to be taking this the wrong way. I love classic WoW, and I am all for it. People finally get to play their game they loved from many years ago and that is great.

But let’s be real, Blizzard is a company, and if classic isn’t going to grow then I don’t see Blizzard keeping the servers up 5 years down the line.

2 Likes

How about we make guesstimates on the popularity 3 months in, instead of 3 months out.

12 Likes

How about you actually read my post instead of replying literally 2 seconds after posting

Yea I can agree running the same thing over and over and completing the actual game after a while it is boring

2 Likes

TBC comes after IF the community calls for it.

10 Likes

The devs are already thinking about how to continue to TBH and further. No one knows how that will be implemented though.

2 Likes

Highly unlikely that will happen, especially if they want to poll content, good luck with anything passing.

Considering you have players who’ve played on vanilla pservers for the last 14 or so years and are fine with that.

Id say it will be fine.

15 Likes

Of course no one wants to run Naxx forever.

Some people would rather just focus on Classic for now instead of Classic TBC, etc.

well…for one “we’ll cross that bridge when we get there” is a statement that applies here. I have a feeling that Blizz wouldn’t invest all of this time and money to making this a thing without at least a plan in case this thing blew up in popularity.

So for now, I’m gonna be happy just getting the opportunity to maybe eventually raid Old Naxx all of the other raids I missed in Vanilla because I was a bit late to the party.

If this thing blows up, I’m sure Blizz has something as a plan that they will implement when that time comes.

2 Likes

Tbc is the answer. And if that is a non option then we can just stick in vanilla.

I can tell you never played because you are only thinking of raids as the main gameplay. This isn’t retail

9 Likes

Except the only players that actually will stick around to play a untouched vanilla is a very niche audience.

Answer: Multiple classes that take a LONG time to complete the game with.

People simply like playing vanilla WoW. End of story. There is a reason private Classic servers have been around for over ten years.

7 Likes

This… People have been playing Vanilla servers for years and years. Many of them have repeated the process of leveling and raiding to Naxx on multiple servers. Classic is a game that you will endlessly learn new things about every single time you play through it; that is why people enjoy it so much. #nochanges exists for good reason

6 Likes

I disagree. In my eyes the success of Classic rests on the vanilla playerbase. If all of retail logs on and plays for ~2 years and then quits because of no new content, but the vanilla playerbase is still there, that would be a success. Even if all of retail quits within 2 minutes, so long as the Vanilla community is there it will be a success.

I’m not saying I wouldn’t play new content if it was added, so long as it’s not added to Classic servers. If they want to make Classic+ servers a few years down the line and let people start from scratch for a chance to see if modern Blizzard can deliver content of the same quality as vanilla, I’m fine with that so long as it’s not forced. Honestly I just have doubts that Modern Blizzard could implement new content right.

I’ll admit that ~2 years from launch, I will be bored of Classic. But I don’t want more content, I’ll just want a new server so I can start over and do it all again, just as I have done 4 times on pservers.

4 Likes

I’ll be in for as long as world pvp produces insane bloodbaths.

Again, very niche crowd.

Exactly who the game was intended for.

4 Likes

How do you plan on having classic wow draw in new players and maintain a healthy playerbase then?

It’s a niche that has over 1million people in it!!! How is that not incredibly successful?

You are just trying to hate it. Are you sad you didn’t get Beta access?

2 Likes