Why I do NOT support the multibox ban

According to you, but I can argue that controlling 5 toons to harvest is clumsy and inefficient. When a group can do it much fast and far more effectively. The advantage lies with the group, not the multiboxer.

3 Likes

Not much of a sense of humor, eh? Shame. With a name like Ponykisses, I’d have thought you’d be more receptive to humor or, at least, attempts at humor.

1 Like

umm how can you CHEAT in a co-op video game? This isn’t a first person shooter where you are competing on Bus (Blizzard broke /follow in BGs long time ago) so what exactly is cheating about running more than one character?

I don’t understand you kids today

1 Like

You’re not a group, you’re not a raid. You are one person and it’s an unfair advantage.

Exactly. A great example of this multiboxing in PvP.

Sure, the multiboxer may seem to have an advantagr
until the group coordinates with CC and such.

Similarly, in terms of farming, a multiboxer is limited by the necessity of the /follow command whereas a party or group can spread out and cover a larger area of node spawns.

I know it’s a Christmas nightmare to play one character at a time but I’m sure you’ll be okay

1 Like
  • #showtooltip Rend
  • /cast Rend
  • /startattack

or

• #showtooltip Charge
  • /cast Charge
  • /cast Rend
  • /startattack

or

• #showtooltip Shield Wall
  • /startattack
  • /cast Defensive Stance
  • /cast Shield Wall

or

• #showtooltip Shield Wall
  • /startattack
  • /equip Carpenter’s Mallet
  • /equip Worn Large Shield
  • /cast Defensive Stance
  • /cast Shield Wall

or

• #showtooltip Intimidating Shout
  • /cast Intimidating Shout
  • /cast Heavy Runecloth Bandage

or

• /target Silithid Harvester
  • /cast Hamstring
  • /startattack

These are all warrior macros you can use in Classic today that do multiple things. There are one for Retail, but I was too lazy opened Classic Icy-Veins First

Oh, I’m fine. With or without multi-boxing. I see one in the wild, I disrupt them bot or no.

I’ll never understand why people don’t do more to mess with bots like we did back in the good ol’ days. It was a BLAST!

So I need to enlist a group of various people to take down one person behind the keyboard?

MOM HOTPOCKETS

Coming pookems

1 Like

I’m giving you examples of how its not, all you are doing is saying “nuh uh, I say it’s unfair!”. Without giving a single valid example to your point. Very persuasive.

I imagined you saying this with a squished face and a little foot stomp, btw.

Well, I camped a bot relentlessly farming Saronite in icecrown back in wrath that was bobbing up and down near a saronite node but you told me it was a legit farmer with friends.

Hasn’t a way already been figured out that allows multiboxing without the key mirroring software and without having to alt tab? It has something to do with clever use of macros, using VM, and some hardware tricks? And it’s all legal.

Why not? This is a social game after all. It’s a good way to meet people when you can unite under a common cause.

Or, you could roll a BM hunter. Between Barrage, Multi-shot, and Beastcleave, you can mess with a multi-boxer or botter pretty hard.

Yes, but according to the Antiboxers we are still going to get banned. You know those super leaps in logic only a bigot can make.

1 Like

The issue, OP, isn’t auto-use clicks and macros – half the items you listed ARE PART OF THE DEFAULT UI
made by Blizzard

It’s the use of Third Party software that is on the chopping block.

Could it escalate into more bannable offenses? Yes. The playerbase of this game relies too heavily on third party addons. This is just as much a Player issue as it is a Blizzard issue.

DBM, a “must have” for raiders is already frighteningly aggressive at reading the fights and timers. Should Blizzard ban it? Despite being a raider myself who uses DBM, I say yes, they should.

Counter to that is whether or not Blizzard themselves should make addons, or include the same types of things in their default ui.

Quality of Life addons, like Bagnon, Map Coordinates, etc. should have been part of the default ui since day one. Blizzard relying on third party coders to do their work for them is a downward spiral – the more they start to ban now, after 16 years, the more upset the playerbase is going to get after having been allowed to use such things all this time.

As for banning the multiboxing third party software, I say good riddance. If these all-druid-boomchicken groups didn’t put themselves into the firing line by being in almost every @%$ zone, destroying quest mobs, herb nodes and everything else, then I bet Blizzard wouldn’t have had to shut them down so hard. Seriously, you need that quest in Valsharah to kill those gremlins? Not a chance. How about some old school farming of the furbolgs out near Everlook? Nope, they’re over there too.

As the saying goes, one bad apple can spoil the bunch. Blizzard wouldn’t have cracked down this hard if it wasn’t a real, and growing problem.

Will things escalate in the future? I honestly hope so – time to actually PLAY the game instead of relying on automation to do it for you.

1 Like

Is this before or after I eat 10 starsurges all at once for about 10k overkill?

I’ve wiped multiboxers with my guild before. I still come to the conclusion that it’s an annoyance that shouldn’t be allowed in the game. The amount of power a boxer can have in WPvP alone is absolutely insane.

The mindset of “Anything I don’t like should be illegal”.

1 Like

This argument is valid because of how poorly the blizz system is at catching cheaters. However, if the net effect of mass-banning multi-boxers is that prior to pre-patch some players need to appeal their ban, I’m fine with that.

This is a wedge argument and is not logical. You are arguing that while this small change may be acceptable, it will invite more increasingly radical changes which will over time disenfranchise the entire game. The problem is, there is a real problem with multi-boxers and there always has been. The small minority of boxers have effectively argued against it and stifled open debate. It has taken 16 years to get Blizz to take action, feeble action it could be argued, to make this decision. If the next, incrementally more radical decision takes another 16 years, I’m ok with it.

I personally feel that Blizz has selectively allowed a minority of players to openly cheat for over a decade, and am happy to see them finally take action. Good job and hopefully the next action of outright banning one player using multiple accounts at the same time will be their next step.

That said, unless the penalty is against the player, they will simply create a new account and start their bad behavior again. Blizz needs to ensure any player ( or multiple players in the case of gold-farming companies) caught cheating who has been banned and has failed in its appeal should be permanently banned from this game for life. Unless the penalty is severe, the problem will continue to exist. Additionally, the ban should be for the first offense, not the 3rd or 4th. Cheaters gonna cheat, they won’t change. So, just ban them when they are caught.

Bigot: a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

For those of you who don’t think you’re acting like one.

2 Likes