Why I do NOT support the multibox ban

I hope you understand cheating is defined by the company/developer, not some random nobody on the forum.

Hardware options have not been banned and accomplish near the same thing. This ban was directed at botters.

5 Likes

I hope you understand that Keystroke broadcasting software is now bannable and defined as cheating, which is exactly what I was talking about.

12 Likes

Misinformation is a devil of a problem. Key cloning is not banned, the software to accomplish it is. Hardware is still an option.

1 Like

I killed a multi boxer monk the other day in Vol’dun. Loved seeing all the corpses.

Good riddance.

4 Likes

It’s an automated action. The player following another is not inputting any key commands during the follow.

And as hs been mentioned already, Blizzard has already banned follow in BGs. Don’t think it can’t happen elsewhere with enough social pressure.

Very true. Which is precisely why I don’t support the ban: unforseen consequences.

Which has more? A frost mage or a sub rogue? Exactly. One can take this argument as micro as you can imagine but at the end of the day, aoe farming is not equal between all classes or even specs. See how this argument works?

No, the argument of a class vs class is irrelevant, the real argument is 5 of a class vs 1 of the same class.

2 Likes

The Op has a point. If keycloning is getting banned because it falls under automatic usage, there is a valid question of what will be banned next.

Is info gathering addons allowed? You don’t manually press a button to get info from auctioneering addons, they scan the AH for you.

Rarescanners. Will they be banned as well? You don’t tab the area around you to find the rare mobs, the addon does it for you.

Quest helpers? Same here, you get an advantage compared to retail, gathering info reg. where to quest and what mobs to kill, allthou this one isn’t really that valid now since Blizzard them self has implemented a quest helping system.

DBM who scans bosses on what skills they use so you can avoid them. You don’t scan the boss yourself really. DBM tells you what is going on. And that feature is automated.

This list can go on forever really.

It’s not unforseen though. Multiple actions with a single keypress has always been grey area at best. Anyone doing so should know they risk action against their account and always have. That’s why I’m very particular with all the macros I make with GSE, to make sure they are only ever one action per keypress.

Heaton, did you just get called a random nobody? How wude!

My second question is, is that name taken on my server…?

goes to check

Random nobody or Heaton?

Also; I’m a somebody ;_;

I would never call a character Heaton, people might mistake me for someone randomly nobody.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Absolutely correct. Blizzard needs to ban EVERY single mod there is. Now who’s the one crying ? :laughing:

They can stop that via the API

Pretty sure they can stop that via the API

All your examples are allowed by Blizzard and do not require a Policy change to stop. They can break the functions the API supplies that lets the addons get that information anytime they want.

4 Likes

That Blizzard has expressly allowed. They’re against automation, and any “automation” that is allowed is currently being turned towards only what they allow. So something like /follow is allowed but, as stated, only where and when they say it is (not BGs, for example).

No.

You’re arguing that everything has to be equal and apply everywhere all the time with zero nuance or situational awareness. You’re even arguing that exceptions and situational differences are bad, despite the fact that pretty much everything in life is nuanced and situational.

5 Likes

Yeah i know, that was what i was referring to. Where do Blizz draw the line when it comes to automated commands ingame?

Ones that are not supplied by themselves. Has been a pretty good line to not cross so far.

Macros are supplied by Blizzard
/Follow is supplied by Blizzard

I cannot think of a single addon that can issue commands to your character. The closest it gets is something like Azeroth Auto Pilot where it auto-picks ups and accepts quests. But AAP uses functions via the API to do so. So again, supplied by Blizzard.

The moment you enter 3rd party software, you start entering the grey area. Blizzard have simply decided it is no longer grey.

3 Likes

Don’t worry. They banned multiboxing for obviously good reasons. Looting a corpse is not the same as key stroke cloning.

You are acting like Blizz banned it for completely random reasons.

Be less literal

3 Likes

But shouldn’t addons count as a 3rd party program? They are not developed by Blizz and are not shipped with the original software?

All addons use the Blizzard API.
So I’ll re-phrase.

The moment you enter 3rd party software that doesn’t solely use the Blizzard API, you start entering the grey area. Blizzard have simply decided it is no longer grey.

5 Likes

Do you supporting the multiboxing?

or

Do you supporting the multiboxing tools?

Because in the midst of all the hypocrisy, MORE people is supporting the use of cheating tools that he uses for one-click multiboxing than multiboxing for a better gaming experience as long as it is not related to farming.