Why High Elves Don't Work: A Primer

What is it that happened to their eyes when the Fel crystals were around?

2 Likes

then i refer you again to a developer quote

You could be the most pious of priests or most outdoorsy of Farstriders, chances are, if you were a high elf in Quel’Thalas or Outland following the Third War, you were around fel energies, and your eyes would turn green.

the full quote even goes on to say the green glint will fade it just takes a while to where off. priests/paladins with a strong devotion to the light have already proved their eye color can change. the high elves have been getting bombarded by arcane/holy magic of the sunwell 24/7 for 8 years now, and they are finally separating eye color from faces, perfect time to update the blood elves to reflect 8 years of the cleansing effect of the sunwell

1 Like

They temporarily shifted colors from exposure to a source of power…much like the sun (which would, with enough exposure, also affect eye color to an extent irl).

Now, they aren’t green. I can answer your question without giving a full story, but that would be misleading, no?

2 Likes

oh dear.
/shares a plate of sunshine cheese crackers, jalapeno flavored for that extra spicy nuance

1 Like

the “takes awhile to wear off” bit is also true of many biological maladies that change our dna but dont change our race. that’s why i argue that void elves are still blood elves, because an experimental accident that makes you grow a third ear lobe, does not mean you are no longer your race of birth

3 Likes

shifted

[ shift ]

• verb switch, fluctuate

Synonyms:

• change
  • change
  • change

So…

This isn’t true, now is it?

4 Likes

they can make as many different flavors of humans as they want. no faction infringement is possible. whereas high elves are a known quantity. we know what they look like and they all come from the same place

whispers

because blood elves are high elves

These threads give me migraines

I think you know what I mean. As this isn’t Blizzard’s wording, but my own, I don’t know what your point is. I’ll more carefully watch my wording to make sure it isn’t misinterpreted by you, I guess?

1 Like

probably more high elf than the ones who still refer to themselves as high elf and are more likely part human (not all of them, obviously).

Right, so lets state this then:

• Highvale Elves
  • High Elves of the Silver Covenant
  • High Elves that are in and around Stormwind

Yeah, they don’t have green eyes, let alone glowing eyes too.

See, you’re ignoring those.

2 Likes

and how many are in SW

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Stormwind_City_NPCs

There’s no way you can word, “they started like this, and ended like that”, without the term “change” being applicable to the situation.

By all means, find some citation you think does an awesome job of explaining your position, and I’ll demonstrate this in real time.

3 Likes

Does numbers matter?

They don’t, unless someone against HE’s is trying to make a point. Then they do. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

apparently some are emerging from the velf portal and going walk about in sw, in addition to the northrend portal guardians. taunting us, the devs are. when they start walking the ethereal dude thru sw, that’s when i’ll get excited.

Which means they’re contradicting then if they think Numbers matter, considering one of there arguments in the opening post:

Let’s start with basic stuff. Actual NPC numbers, towns, factions in WoW, etc, do not represent canon numbers. WoW is a representation of a multi-game IP. Example: The canon number of people in Goldshire is somewhere in the thousands, where as in game, I don’t think you can find more than 30 NPCs.

4 Likes

So they changed into whatever, then changed back to how they started? The thing is, it’s pretty common knowledge that Ion said they’re “basically the same thing.” I can look into lore to find you quotes about the changes to the sunwell, suggest you run the Sunwell raid, find the effects of the fel crystals, etc.

The reality is, nothing in lore says they’re different than high elves. There’s plenty out there that you’ve likely already dismissed that says otherwise.

2 Likes

if youre going to claim high elves are an alliance race they have to

but we all know canonically, there are too few alliance high elves to justify them being an AR. and its reflected in their MASSIVE presence in actual alliance territory :slightly_smiling_face:

Quote one post of mine where I have specifically said High Elves are an Alliance race.

Oh look, there is so few Void Elves, and yet, they are an Allied Race. Numbers doesn’t determind if they can or can’t become an Allied Race. Try again.

2 Likes