Why High Elves Don't Work: A Primer

Of course you’d know that you Alliance dog, you.

1 Like

What is false about it?

Shh… don’t tell them! They think I’m on your side!

And just like regular tauren, Canadian tauren are also in the Horde.

Does this mean we should get an extra model of blood elves but with blue eyes then? :thinking:

And Void elves have tentacles and are blue. A little more modified than changing eye color.

Wrath? The time where the representative for High elves said everyone involved in the recovering of Quel’delar, both High elves and blood elves “children of Quel’thalas”? That time?

And they were modified just like Void elves were and if anything, they were modified more, almost as if they knew that if they’d give us a less modified model, it would cause trouble.

This has been demonstrably false and it’s been shown that they can be as vindictive (Silver covenant feeding Sunreavers to a shar) and reckless (stealing random magical artifacts from Broken) as Blood elves, if not more.

Which High elves are affected by the same: The Sunwell.

And as long as you maintain the skin tones and tentacles, they’d still don’t look like regular blood elves. Unlike just giving blood elves blue eyes.

Unless when the main dev say they are kind of the same.

Oh, this again, the “A company set on making money didn’t make a decision that will give them money because they’re saving it for a rainy day” take.

We agree in this one.

As someone that dislikes Night elves, the fact that you’re putting Void elves and Night elves in the same category it’s something I find boderline offenssive.

I jest, but really, they’re nothing alike.

They do have a positive point over High elves: At least they were present when their people needed them.

Void elves are in the picture, and they’re not goign anywhere.

Long sigh

Except for that part where the High elven kingdom left it and all in all, they’ve spent a longer time with the Horde than with the Alliance.

6 Likes

I don’t think you need all of us to explain it to you…

… Though I noticed that you didn’t address the ‘misleading’. At least your aware of that.

2 Likes

This has always been a strange discussion as it remains pointless. People aren’t going to lawyer Blizzard into changing things. The attitude and tone of the threads tends to evoke disdain and with it a heavy dose of trolling.

That said, people have every right to desire whatever changes to the game they desire, and every right to make requests. The only really relevant point that anyone has made in favor of giving these elves to the alliance is that they simply would like to have them(Which is a fine point, but not everyone can have everything they want all the time). Every other “argument” has been plausibly disputed in the countless threads and many of them by Blizzard themselves.

3 Likes

Easily rectified, expose them to Arcane or something. Ask Aluneth, he’d do it.

Most people don’t play any race, that’s a 50% mark, ease up on the weasel words.

I think that’s a “you” thing.

That argument goes out the window with Void Elves, and the Silver Covenant has even less shared history.

Again, easy fix. Arcane.

I would if you created a separate society around it. It’s hardly unusual, look at any number of religious examples. Heck, Ireland is a country sized one.

No reason they can’t was mentioned in your post, just “I wouldn’t like it.” Slap Arcane on the SC or have them join the VE fold, either way does it.

No but we do know if it’s comparable to the percentage of Americans overseas at any given time that it would be 20% or more likely more of the remaining population since they wouldn’t be around to get pwned by the scourge.

Seems larger than the Void Elves unless that void study group was a giant portion of the population.

Seems a[quote=“Guzzle-barthilas, post:1, topic:427575”]
does not somehow equate to being one third of the forces there.
[/quote]

No, but a significant enough force to warrant their inclusion even if it isn’t necessarily an entire 1/3.

That’s not an argument! That’s barely a response! That’s you saying without evidence on either side that you know the numbers!

I don’t think you have room to talk here.

See?

And again, easy fix.

So? Why should that matter?

Arcane exists. Try light purple, pink, and blue.

Which had 1/3 zone of development, have Vereesa delve into the arcane.

They have that.

Arcane is easily the most mysterious power, easy to write a new zone on a blank slate.

Wow, that is one hell of an ego there. Your opinion is worth less than others’ because of it.

5 Likes

He didn’t actually write that… and that’s not any more egocentric then the people demanding them.

1 Like

Don’t mind me I’m just having a feast while I watch all this go down
:popcorn::cupcake::doughnut::cookie::cup_with_straw::cup_with_straw::shaved_ice::pretzel::fries::pizza::bacon::bagel::pancakes::baguette_bread::apple::watermelon::strawberry::banana:

Last paragraph. And OH yeah it is.

1 Like

Tell the truth half the time these threads turn into a lounge thread with an undercurrent of pointless arguing. There’s always going to be one it seems, we just decided to strike when the thread lock was hot to get the OP in for a change.

2 Likes

Oh no it isn’t.

1 Like

He’s saying his opinions is “infinitely stronger “ than theirs, yes it is. I’m holding a different opinion, not declaring mine is superior to non-egomaniacs’.

1 Like

I’m not opposed to the OP tilting at windmills if it suits them. :wink:

1 Like

It’s a hyperbole and you’re just pretending to be offended to try and take him down a peg.

1 Like

Guys, please don’t flag this thread. These threads help me kill time at work

4 Likes

You think it being hyperbolic doesn’t make it vain? Hooh boy.

1 Like

No, I think you’re just super sensitive when it suits you.

1 Like

Uh… you… know that this is already the case, yes?

Also, you already have elves that were exposed (and changed) due to a different source of magic: Void Elves.

Yeah, that’s the whole point. Void elves are a branch of that. High elves every bit of story where the High elves have been relevant (with huge quotation marks) have been shared with Blood elves… meaning… it’s essentially the same, just with a blue background.

Please, read about the Sunwell.

Except High elves didn’t create a separate society, they simply decided to mooch off the humans.

Please, by all that’s unholy, read about the Sunwell. But I can get behind the SC being absorbed by the Void elves.

NPCs are randomly generated. NPCs numbers are a flimsy source at best.

This is clearly based on how little people remain engaged in the topic.

Coughs up blood

Points at Void Elves

Points at Void Elves, again.

I’m begging you, read about the Sunwell.

About to burst a vessel

2 Likes

Even ignoring that, for something so lore ready it often requires a fan fic to get them there.

2 Likes