Why High Elves Don't Work: A Primer

I wish I could say I’m surprised, but alas, when it comes to this topic, I’m not.

That’s irrelevant. The point is, the point that seems to be flying over your heads, is that the argument is they’re too similar. You know what else is “too similar”? Virtually every allied race in the game. And pandas, “nEuTr4l” or not. Nonsense refuted. That you people seem to be incapable of accepting when your nonsense has been refuted is your problem.

1 Like

No, it really isn’t.

If we were in pre-TBC times, it would be irrelevant, you could ask for neutral High elves to be able to pick their sides and such.

But we’re not, and time machines are not a thing. High elves under the name Blood Elves have been plyable in the Horde for 14 years and are a staple of the Horde. Expecting the devs to give them the Pandaren treatment now it’s ridiculous.

6 Likes

No, they’re more similar. It’s an eye color swap.

It’s not even a low effort reskin.

3 Likes

High mountain Tauren are literally just tauren with antlers and warpaint. :roll_eyes:

Void elves already broke this rule, it actually does not even matter.

They made it quite clear in Wrath that High elves are not the same as Blood elves. They would not have given them this much development if that was the case. Don’t try to merge their lore, it’s pathetic.

Nightborne are a lot different than Night elves. They are still a Night elf counterpart without question.

They are not as vindictive and they value traditionalism over evolution.

And no, food is not the same thing as power source that can affect your well being.

Except we can just change a few things and be just THAT.

Look at Void elves and High mountain Tauren.

We can even expand on the pink/Amber/Purple eyes deal. It’s not like we saw any NPC Nightborne with Blonde/Black/grey hair. It’s still an option we can do.

I don’t even know why you include number 8. It’s quite clear the devs see them as a separate entity beyond Blood elves.

Money talks, money makes people do things.

High elves are no different.

He is a mouth piece of the “bogey man blizzard” you got that right.

Void elves/Night elves are the Dark elf fantasy. Nightborne are their own unique flavor of elf.

That is very true, but i will say…

Void elves are not much different from High elves. A race that has already been with the Alliance for a long time.

There is literally zero reason for High elves not to be playable even with Void elves out of the picture. Pandaren are on both factions with not even the slightest customization change. High mountain Tauren are just Antlers and war paint.

High elves were always on the Alliance since forever.

5 Likes

You may be surprised to hear, food actually is a power source that effects your well being.

4 Likes

The most popular player chosen race at that.

2 Likes

Speaking of which, I could murder a small village for a ham sandwich.

Compared to magic in the fantasy world of warcraft? no

Now that sounds like magic.

Makes you stronger, affects your growth, without it your power withers, you go through withdrawal then you die.

Seems pretty spot on.

1 Like

Can dispel remove food buffs?

At this point, I just want to see where this goes.

Food does not change our eye color to green or blue or pink.

1 Like

blood elves value their heritage quite highly, as shown in their heritage armour questline.

whereas high elves prefer human potential over their values and traditions.

as for being vindictive, the silver covenant are probably the most vindictive bunch of elves you can find, whereas the blood elves desire for their wayward brethren to return home

6 Likes

Eat a chilli, eyes well up, your eyes are red now.

How long are they red compared to how long they are blue or green in the wow universe?

Temporarily. Just like elf eyes.

2 Likes

I love how this poster is glad to go to all lengths to make false and misleading comparisons about allied races, but poke a joke at a food comment and we’re taking it out of context.

2 Likes

No, but getting too much sun can change our eye color among other things. It doesn’t really take too much to do that.

A lot of people who never cared about Alliance high elves would be enraged over Alliance getting a low effort eye swap.

5 Likes