Why High Elves Don't Work: A Primer

“They’re not a separate society, they just mooch off the English.” Rude.

Don’t make me point at the Void Elves again mister.

Mind keeping the argument about fiction within fiction please? Thank you.

Also, please, read about the Sunwell.

1 Like

Speaking of which, the writers are having a hard time sharing the lore space for what’s already there. They don’t need another Alliance elf race to focus on. What we need is more Void Elf development.

2 Likes

Maybe step out of your glass house before you throw that stone.

Read about exposure levels and stop being a drama queen.

2 Likes

to be fair, every alliance race has an inherit disadvantage in that they share a faction with humans

4 Likes

Hey, I’ll always be the party ruiner by saying that adding to the cluster of unused races was a mistake. More elves would only exacerbate the issue.

No, seriously, you kept asking for them to be “exposed to the Arcane”… they already are. That’s the whole point.

2 Likes

Nowhere near the level I’m talking about.

So you want Wretched. Got it.

3 Likes

Alliance high elves are a redundancy. I think it’s time to roll them up into Void Elves and Blood Elves.

2 Likes

That is a lack of. Opposite direction.

Personally I think the Alliance could use an Allied race that would give the Forsaken pause.

No, wretched happen when they indulge in arcane too much.

“B-but my LoTR fantasy in WoW!”

1 Like

No, that’s arcane withdrawal.

:persevere: :confounded: :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting: :skull:

2 Likes

I’d argue that the High Elves wouldn’t need much development. If the Void Elves had been made from the existing High Elves they wouldn’t have that issue, they could simply continue being background characters

4 Likes

Ok, since you won’t bother to check things before saying anything…

“The Wretched are elves that failed to control their innate addiction to magic, overindulging in arcane sources to the point of deformity and, often, insanity. Obsessed with obtaining and devouring magic, they are a danger to both themselves and others, and are usually too violent to surrender.”

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Wretched

2 Likes

Agreed.10c

The last thing that WoW needs is to go down the road of the most banal fantasy trope. Keep WoW weird, no playable Alliance high elves.

1 Like

I hate windmills, I’ll tilt them like Pisan structural engineer.

Great name BTW.