Why High Elves Don't Work: A Primer

half elves are at least possible. high elves already happened. only a very small minority believe all 7 alliance high elves to be a distinct group worthy of being an AR, when everything in game and out is contrary to that stance. once you accept the truth that blood/‘high’ elves are the same people divided by a political opinion, you realise that everything else is just noise trying to block out the fact blood elves are high elves and that the high elves are already playable :deaf_woman:

1 Like

I probably wouldn’t, no. Which is why the phrase I used was “living beings” and not “intelligent living beings”.

You’re quite literally attempting to find hidden meaning in a statement, by imagining words are there (when they aren’t).

2 Likes

the national dilemma over draining a mana wyrm :roll_eyes: was resolved with the restoration of the sunwell. this can no longer be used as a point of differentiation

4 Likes

It isn’t being discussed as a point of distinction between modern HE’s and modern BE’s. :man_shrugging:

#ReadThePreviousCommentsBeforeChimingInPlease

2 Likes

Should be noted though that while Blood Elves have a reason for that Arcane Torrent ability, which lorewise comes from that mana draining concept, the High elves that did not partake of the general Blood Elf way of dealing with mana issues wouldn’t have that power… likely.

I am not, I was pointing out that the matter was not nearly as morally questionable as one makes it seem.
Ironically enough, Valeera does not get scolded harshly by the dranei or night elf when she drains a dude in front of them.

So if both of the points you’re making are largely unrelated to anything I actually said, and are just general commentary about the situation, why keep tagging me?

I didn’t speak to how morally dubious it was, only that it was certainly more likely to be considered as a moral issue than whether or not someone likes turkey sandwiches. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Especially considering it’s consuming something while it’s alive. The belf in the bc cinematic was treating it like a beloved pet until she gleefully consumes it too, so there’s that.

4 Likes

do you know what a metaphor is?

Metaphor

A metaphor is a figure of speech that, for rhetorical effect, directly refers to one thing by mentioning another

this is an irrelevant point because you place way too much emphasis on the name change. had the blood elves NOT changed a single adjective in their name the vast majority of your argument would vanish, which is a demonstration of how fundamentally thin it is if it relies upon a single word. are you being serious or telling a joke? if youre not go play the blood elf heritage scenario

3 Likes

I wouldn’t worry to much about the arguments of someone like her, who actually ask for approval from the side she is supposed to be representing and believing in.

It’s just like bad comedy, not really impressive.
But is not like the pro Helf side is particularly bright on arguments.

1 Like

i dont know whats going on there, dont care. but her points are so easy to shoot down and gives us opportunities to point out that high elf is the name of the entire thalassian race :rofl: :joy:

all thalassians even those transformed by the void are high elves, whether they are blood or one of the few alliance high elves. its just the blood elves represent well over ninety percent of the totality of that race and its kingdom :smirk:

2 Likes

Did your parents never tell you where beef comes from?

2 Likes

I don’t eat anything while it’s still alive.

3 Likes

It comes from the store, forehead. :laughing:

yes you do. you do it all the time. theyre called microorganisms

The High Elves are sorta like that movie, “The Land that Time Forgot” in that they’re just kinda…there.

I’m not sure the cow appreciates that distinction

If someone were going to eat me I would prefer it to not be while I’m alive. That’s just my opinion though, maybe cows would prefer being eaten alive.

Why do I have this strange feeling that everyone is looking at me right now?

3 Likes

Well it’s all to do with the suffering. The belf lass sucked that mana wyrm dry in about 5, 10 seconds. That’s probably a quicker end than if she’d slit its throat, waited for it to bleed out and then fried it up with butter and rosemary.