Why High Elves Don't Work: A Primer

How is that contradictory? If you realize that Void elves aren’t going to go away but you want the High Elves that are in the Alliance this would be a way to do it. We have no true evidence that they can make Void Elves (the blue ones) beyond the ones that we started with. The extra skins could be used to make it clear that High Elves are joining them and doing it the way Alleria did.

Yeah, like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Then No one should be making the claim for what ‘people want’ as if it is what all helfers want then.
It’s not an argument that anyone should be making.
All of you helfers should just stop trying to speak for all of you and just talk about what you personally want.
Unless there is an organized group or a leader who have more of a say than the rest of you.

1 Like

Alamara does both, and admitted it was for looks.
Several individuals who contribute admitted it was for the looks on multiple occasions. Now, is this for everyone? No.
It is wrong to suggest, however, that those who contribute as much as you see do not have motivations which are aesthetically based.

I had mine before you had yours.

Xorno they’re the same people from the same kingdom. They’ve been around equally as long.

It…does since he is the lead dev.

2 Likes

If Blizz had any balls, they’d introduce the same X facial options for Belf with blue eyes and not announce anything. Walk away. Let folks discover it for themselves. And focus on a real class.

Except really the group that currently goes by High Elves are the new kids here as they only separated from the rest of their race rather recently, and the vast majority of the race merely changed their name to honor their fallen.

not playable they aren’t.

I’m sure you have a well reasoned argument about how the lore super broke the lore.

Plus you know, for the majority of their history they absolutely hated the Alliance.

1 Like

Totally wrong. Current High elves in the game never called themselves Blood elves. Blood elves rebelled and separated themselves from high elves. Blood elves were not here first.

Ions preference for no playable high elves does not disprove anything. Duh, I know he makes decisions, but high elf lore already exists whether he likes it or not. High Elves existed before Ion even worked at blizzard.

1 Like

You’re new to all this, huh?

3 Likes

Indeed.

/10char

1 Like

And yet their argument is so very old.

1 Like

Why don’t High Elves Live with Sin’dorei, why Hasn’t there been a big reunification? Why dont All High Elves join the Horde? Why dont the sin’dorei join the Alliance.

Ion based his statement on Looks, and numbers, both irrelevant according to lore/ story and/ game,

1 Like

I dunno, the blood elves are a rebel faction isn’t something I’ve seen before.

The blood elves are high elves who renamed themselves after the death of 90% of their race. They are the same people then, as they are now, and have maintained the high elf legacy, tradition, and history. The high elves are a group who have turned away from the blood elves. One would argue they are new because they are split away from the majority group that is retaining its traditions.

Chris Metzen also did not approve of them and he was present as well.

This has nothing to do with the previous statement Valarian.

Which is what matters

1 Like

Ever consider that when Ion makes a statement he’s not just winging it, but using his position as lead dev to act as a spokesman to present the decisions that the whole team has come to?

2 Likes

Meh, just sounds like another iteration of “Blood elves aren’t the REAL high elves” but with a new coat of paint

1 Like

Yeah true, but it is a particularly funny one.

Fair enough

To be fair, this is one of those situations wherein perspective matters.

The BE’s more closely approximate the traditional Thalassian, and so are “true High Elves” in an analytical and historical sense; but through the lens of someone who has only played the Alliance, the expression “true High Elf” could easily be reserved specifically for those Thalassians that never abandoned the Alliance.

Just because someone refers to something in a specific way, doesn’t make it objectively accurate – people can claim that modern High Elves are more akin to the original Thalassians until the cows come home, doesn’t make it true.

(We agree on this, just pointing out an area of nuance.)

2 Likes

Most of these threads go to opinion/ones perspective, but the Lore is the truth.

I would rather not have high elves join the alliance. But still, all the arguments against high elves on this thread refute nothing. Ion doesn’t want high elves, but that still doesn’t take them out of the current lore. The lore was already there before Ion.

A high elf would never call themselves a blood elf. Just like a German doesn’t call himself a Frenchman; they have often been on opposite sides of a war even though genetically pretty much the same.

1 Like