Why High Elves Don't Work: A Primer

No threads about why helfs don’t work are up and I didn’t post it to any other forums.

So no, it’s not.

2 Likes

And the Forsaken used to lead the Alliance of Lordaeron those High elves were part of.

Times change, but here we are, Lordaeronians still working together with the High elves.

2 Likes

“Oh look, the High Elf thread got locked. You know what, I am just going to create another thread about High Elves”.

Yeah, think again.

Not really, that’s like saying in WW2 that London was an American city. They were allied, not joined as one political unit.

1 Like

That was a different Alliance, and they’re technically on the Horde now too.

3 Likes

Like all the pro posters were preparing to do in that thread? It was getting to the end of it’s life, we just broke the cycle and after months of it being a pro thread we’re trying to host the discussion for a change.

True, that was a loose alliance united by a common enemy during war ttime, the Alliance if Stormwind is more of a governing body.

Yeah, so there’s no active threads on the topic.

I hope you don’t get in too much trouble for abusing the flag feature. :woman_shrugging:

How could she? We don’t flag bomb.

They punish people for abusing reports, you don’t have to flag them back.

It’s wasting some poor community manager’s time who’s just trying to do their job.

“High Elves are different enough from Blood Elves!”

You realize that argument works against races that are already in the game, in some cases even better than against high/blood elves.

“Tushui Pandaren are different enough from Huojin Pandaren!”
I see this one a lot, but no. Sorry. They aren’t.

“Humans from Kul Tiras are different enough from Humans from Stormwind!”

“Highmountain Tauren are different enough from Mulgore Tauren!”

“Draenei are different enough from Lightforged Draenei!”

“Bronzebeard Dwarves are different enough from Dark Iron Dwarves!”

“Darkspear Trolls are different enough from Zandalari Trolls!”

“Gnomes are different enough from Junker Gnomes!”

“Night Elves are different enough from Nightborne!”

Your argument is instantly rendered into nonsensical drivelling by the rich precedent that already exists in the game, that you conveniently ignore. Could’ve summed up your entire essay by writing [blizzard bootlicker gibbering in excuse of the status quo].

5 Likes

You’re right, they’re not different other than ideology.

What makes them different and their own isolated case is that the race was specifically introduced as neutral.

It can’t be compared to making a race that has been established on one side for 14 years neutral all of a sudden.

1 Like

You mean exactly like Tushui and Huojin pandaren?

An iconic Horde race.

3 Likes

You mean that race that Blizzard devs have gone on record in saying they regret making neutral?

3 Likes

Did you miss the part when I mentioned that Pandaren were specifically designed as neutral and thus can’t be compared to making a race that has been already established for 14 years in one side neutral?

10 Likes

I think she only cares if it supports her point. Everything else is dismissable.

5 Likes

Need I point out that pandaren are specifically covered by the OP?