Why High Elves Don't Work: A Primer

I think they’ve always been that way, i just think there’s a lot more lore to mismanage.

1 Like

let us know when she takes that step of leaving dalaran and joining the alliance

No, I don’t think they have always been this way. I think it is more of something that has happened over the past couple of years.

If you creat an Alliance-side character, on a random server, and ask /2 what the next playable race should be you’ll get almost nothing but chants of “High Elves”, “Vrykul”, and “Furbolg”.

You might get the odd “Arrakoa” or “Jinyu”, but they’ll be drowned out by the former three. The majority of the game may not care about the particulars of the narrative, but High Elves are considered by almost every person on the Alliance to be a mainstay of the faction.

Two words, “time travel”.

More Neutral quotes from Vereesa:

"I have long waited for an opportunity to deal with the Sunreavers. I asked my late husband to remove them from the city, but he believed too firmly in the neutrality of the Kirin Tor.

He was wise, but he was short-sighted. This has always been the destiny of the Kirin Tor: to serve the Alliance".

3 Likes

But I can’t do that. The Void already took away my twisting nether, I don’t want time to take my glorious armor too.

I think you misunderstood me, I was slamming the high elves, not blizzard.

I main Alliance and I absolutely don’t want playable Alliance high elves. Otherwise people don’t care all that much until it happens, and Alliance high elves aren’t currently a possibility. It’s like a bad but very specific film getting 4.5 stars. Only the people who were going to like it bothered to watch it.

4 Likes

Sara, its okay, they’ve accepted you. There isn’t a need to try so hard. But yes, I did indeed on his demand. I had been thinking of saying something else but I liked the irony.

Simply because your “nuance” is unsupported.
If you support the alliance, and want to fight for them, then you would leave and go assist them knowing full well that Dalaran is neutral.
As I said earlier, the only time the SC ever actually went full on offensive was after they thought the blood elves were responsible. for Rhonin’s death. It was less “FOR THE ALLIANCE” and more “FOR RHONIN!” that, the SC hasn’t done anything on behalf of the alliance since then.

You’re ignoring the nuance. Her neutrality is her being the go between. Taking in both sides, even if she leans towards the alliance and think they are the “right” side. I know, MoP did a lot of damage, but book Vareesa acts very differently from game Vareesa

Ugh…dude…I used to be heavily in the FGC, and the dude’s laugh was the most obnoxious thing ever.

You’re too focused on the past storyline, and you’re not considering how the character has been developed over time. The majority of her alliance favoring actions occurred in MoP, and her statement in regards to her husband was changed as she attributes it to Garrosh.

Game Vareesa and book Vareesa act differently in many ways.

1 Like

yea… and then khadgar seeing a war coming said the kirin tor would not pick sides ever again :woman_cartwheeling:

I was just quoting the part of where he was waiting to be called a liar.

Between Dalaran and the Unseen Path, that’s a lot of complications.

Dude, that was MoP. Her feelings changed since then. If I like potatoes for 50 years, and then I hate them when I am 60, it means I’ve changed my mind.
She isn’t nearly as gun ho for the Alliance as she was back then.

Pshaw, Motors needs no assistance in reading.

1 Like

Yeah, you sure got him.

Maybe you should flag him.

But he is a Gnome. He needs a few stools to see the screen.

Oh boy, are you seriously trying to start more trouble again? Seriously Guzzle, just stop and don’t make a ridiculous comment.

1 Like

Shhhh, Motors and Fyarsing are posting.

Edit: Wait, don’t care enough. Going to sleep. Won’t read in the morning. It will just be flamebaiting and weak attempts at witty banter.

Edit 2: Edit for the edit

Edit 3: I wanted an edit 3.

1 Like

Let’s clear up some of the vitriol, here’s a happy bear…

3 Likes

im on ps4 SFV if you want to get bodied. guile main

I have PTSD from Street Fighter 2 Guile.

1 Like