Why High Elves Don't Work: A Primer

Elf please.

you do know that the point of the SC coming about was as a reaction to the sunreavers right? it wasnt for the alliance, it was for dalaran

no government in history in fiction or reality could tolerate a completely independent militia operating unchecked from within their city. imagine if veressa had struck out against the horde on her own volition and then retreated to the city? there is simply no way the SC can openly attack the horde without compromising dalarans neutrality. SC are dalaran aligned not the alliance. man im glad you switched sides

1 Like

The heck with it, going pink flower crown because why the heck not.

She obeys Jaina’s command during MoP.
She is completely absent during BFA, and only appears in 8.3 when the Alliance and Horde work together to oust Sylvanas and end the war. She contributes nothing to the Alliance war effort.

There was a time where the majority knew tornadoes were caused by angry gods. Didn’t make em right then when they had the numbers now did it?

Did you not admit to it earlier Motors?

How was it a fallacy when you admit you are angry about the way Blizzard designs their game? You can’t call it a fallacy if you admit to it.

How so?

i’ve called your reaction vapid, and immature.
DOn’t recall when I called you a liar last, but I am sure you’re remembering something I don’t care enough about.

Doesn’t really invalidate that you’ve been throwing a temper tantrum for the past 15 years over some pixels.

The Silver Covenant is a militant core of high elves that reject the admission of blood elves into the Kirin Tor. They have united under the banner of Vereesa Windrunner and joined the Alliance Vanguard to oppose the Lich King.

Tell me, where does it also say they joined under the banner of the Kirin Tor?

2 Likes

Really?

1-Vereesa as the Alliance Emissary in the Exodar

2-Vereesa as the Alliance Representative in Dalaran

3- Vereesa as the Alliance Military Commander of the Alliance Forces on the Isle of Thunder while the Kirin Tor was part of the Alliance.

4- Vereesa as the enforcer of alliance rule on Dalaran

5-Vereesa as the alliance liaison to get players to the Isle of Thunder.

All these times, in behalf of the alliance, and NOT all in behalf of the KT

Yeah, I recognize this BS brand, hi Fyre.

1 Like

That’s the description provided before the Argent tournament occurred.
IIRC, the SIlver covenant originally started out as a faction in Dalaran that you couldnt earn reputation with until patch 3.1(?).
I believe that’s when they joined the vanguard.

Prior to this they formed originally to oppose the Sunreavers.

All of which, was prior to Dalaran declaring neutrality in BFA. Dalaran was Alliance aligned until Khadgar’s declaration of neutrality. Considering Vareesa was enforcing Dalaran’s rules, it means she is working under the Kirin Tor. Otherwise, why is she never present in BFA or WoD?

look up the alliance vanguard. its not a thing anymore with northrend campaign concluded. likewise the sunreavers joined the horde equivalent horde expedition. big whoop

its kind of obvious that they do have a measure of operational independence, given their temporary union with the unseen path in legion and helping defend quel’thalas from the amani in cata. if they did not have a measure of independence, then they wouldnt even be a distinct unit from the rest of the kirin tor military. therefore, they are trusted to conduct their affairs in a neutral manner but are expected to aid dalaran if required, like we saw at suramar. breaking neutrality is why the sunreavers got expelled. what else you want to try throwin at the wall? is this where you bring up highvale again? why dont you link another picture of vereesa standing around with the kirin tor

Yes, the Sunreavers, who were Horde.

Do you think Vereesa would have opposed the Blood Elves if they came neutrally?

That’s why the SC is an alliance faction, literally in game, because they oppose the Horde Blood Elves.

I have always said that is very likely that Vereesa is handicapped by her link to the Kirin Tor, the point is that every time she has acted -on those locations- has been on behalf of the alliance and its interests. The point is that she is literally the alliance branch of Dalaran.

It does reference Wryn as her king, she certainly considers herself apart of the Alliance, however the Silver Covenant’s page lists it along with but separately from “Alliance forces”. This suggests that Vareesa’s role is not what we think it is, granted they are an extremely minor faction the writers likely haven’t put much thought into. Either way, they are not present in BFA, so like aiding their people they’ve also abandoned the Alliance, or they are not apart of the Alliance and serve Dalaran. The later they are always with and the former only with when the later is present.

1 Like

that branch does not extend outside of dalaran

The last thing the Alliance needs is more humans.

1 Like

The SC isn’t an Alliance faction given they obey the KT as shown in MoP, and their complete lack of existence in BFA.
I would be in agreement they are an alliance faction if it wasn’t for these reasons.

1. They are based ONLY in Dalaran.
  2. They had no presence in BFA outside the ending of 8.2 where everyone is against Sylvanas.
  3. They follow the KT orders as shown in MoP.

She may like the Alliance more and sympathize with them, but I can’t agree with them being an alliance faction. It just isn’t supported since the end of MoP.

I don’t agree to her being handicapped. SHe could easily leave.
Her story has always had her being sympathetic to blood elves and considering Three sisters, I believe she is being pushed as the “neutral” sibling.

Wrong as usual.

Silver Covenant Battle Mages were part of the Alliance Vanguard during WotLK, and the Windrunner Overlook, as an exclusive SC base, kills any Horde on sight.

2 Likes

I always saw the Silver Covenant, as being an Alliance faction, affiliated with the Kirin tor. Which is why Horde players are unable to react with them. While in Dalaran they abide by the Neutrality of the Kirin tor’s rule, but they are still an Alliance based faction.

Why do you all argue for blue-eyed blood elves when Blizzard has already told you no repeatedly? And squelched the possibility with the first ARs released?

1 Like

My impression is that they are a Dalaran based faction with Alliance ties.

thats nice. they returned to dalaran with the rest of the kirin tor(including the sunreavers) at the conclusion of the wrath expansion. you can fanfiction they are still there its up to you idc

Let me give you a hand…

3 Likes