Why High Elves Don't Work: A Primer

they dont have to. they never left. they are just expatriates. the dalaran high elves never cut ties with quel’thalas. they still make pilgrimages there. like what are you even talking about? is this the part where you claim the elves that lived in dalaran for thousands of years are the SC?

1 Like

No, I’m afraid these two situations are very different. Your completely irrational belief that a playable race in the Horde should switch sides would cause so many problems that it’s a laughable fantasy.

My belief that a nonplayable and redundant Alliance faction should switch sides would actually solve problems. Most notably the problem of people whining that they should be playable, and the problem of that faction pulling focus and time away from actual Alliance races.

If that was your point, then you didn’t really have any point to make at all.

3 Likes

“Since the Sunfury have returned to us,” Lor’themar began, “and our position in the
Ghostlands is more… secure… the Farstriders are finding themselves stretched a bit less. They—I—would send you regular supplies.”

Lor’themar had become accustomed to the mockery of those he could not please, but he had not fully anticipated the pointed sting that Renthar’s laugh elicited. Even Aurora’s face, normally so controlled and serene, flushed deeply with undisguised contempt.

“Five years we rot here, thrown out of our homes at your behest because we refuse to suck magic from living things like vampires.” Renthar began to rise from his seat, leaning across the table, truly shaking with rage. “And now you want to offer aid? After all we have been through, you come now? After what the Horde did to us in the name of that bastard human who called himself ranger? How blind do you think I am, Lor’themar? I should kill you. I should kill you and send Sylvanas your head!”

1. Emphasis added.
  2. Source: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/story/short-story/leader-story/lorthemar-theron#tab=4

You’re wrong about how they came to be domiciled there, and you’re wrong about them not feeling some type of way about it. :man_shrugging:

Was he though? He claimed it was their choice to leave. You proved that they chose to not take reasonable steps to sate their need for magic. Seems like the two of you agree their exile was due to their choice.

Quel’lithien wasn’t a frontier outpost like highvale, it was a place where the blood elves who refused to drink mana from living creatures were exiled.

:popcorn: this is getting interesting . It’s wild how fast this thread blew up tbh .

Yes, he was.

Well, let’s start here:

fron·tier
noun

1. a line or border separating two countries.

And then finished here:

Quel’Lithien Lodge is a high elven hunting lodge near the entrance to Quel’Thalas.

Emphasis: Added by me.
Source: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quel%27Lithien_Lodge

:man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Like i said it wouldn’t be hard for blizz to give both sides high elves ingame its eye color and skin tones.

Just give velfs and belfs options to choose and everyone wins.

Back before the mass suspensions and reversals. Guess what most of said modders where modding besides the obvious erp stuff.

Thats right turning velfs into proper high elfs.

Lol not like blizz is incapable of giving folks what they want.

2 Likes

Interesting reading if you into WOW stories goes good with the :popcorn:

Lor’themar Theron:
In the Shadow of the Sun
By Sarah Pine
Blizzard entertainment

its not new v

And yet, so many people clearly haven’t read it.

Let’s start here

Outposts is plural.
Quel’lithien was the only outpost in which the high elves would feel abandoned. As such, outposts is generally incorrect.

Furthermore, frontier outpost is a redundant statement given that an outpost is a frontier settlement.
So, if we’re being exact, I guess we’re both wrong in some way. Of course, it surely isn’t just being specific for the sake of being correct. :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

Will look Into it

I do believe it was you who complained about people breaking arguments down to their most semantic level, and in doing so shifting the discussion away from the original talking point.

Pot, kettle. :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

You’re about as serious to take as Kizzan or Callistus. :joy: :joy:

As this comment comes mere moments after you demonstrated that you’re both hypocritical and ill-informed, I’ll forgive your rudeness – it probably isn’t easy to know you’re wrong, to know everyone else knows you’re wrong, and to have a spotlight shone on the fact.

A bag of frozen peas on the forehead, you’ll recover. :man_shrugging:

I’ve said this plenty of times; Void Elves themselves would have been far better received if they had been made out of alliance High Elves, and at most add some “light on the Void hue” skin and hair options to have more of a regular HE fantasy.

If the path of the High Elves as a group -say, the Silver Covenant- had become the same that Alleria and thus Void Elves were the continuation of the story of the High Elves on the alliance as an active group, we would not be having the same arguments over and over again. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

you would still just ask for blood elf skin tones and everybody knows it :thinking:

Hey Murg, can I shave off your Night Elf goatie. Give you a new Flash Gordon Look.

Agreed. Blizzard really just stuck their hands in the mud but half gave into the demand for high elves.

So silly blizz.