Why High Elves Don't Work: A Primer

And if you want to play a male toon? We have troglodyte, slender man, midgets, even smaller midgets, and pinheaded refrigerators. Oh, you wanted to roll Worgen or Void Elf? Hope you don’t like Paladins. You know. The iconic Alliance class.

Tauren Paladins are the ones that actually make no sense.

And who about those asking for more Alliance shamans? You know, the Iconic Horde class?

I’d imagine they’d have the blue eyes and some other hairstyle, because that one probably wouldn’t be popular on a male. I imagine Blizzard has enough talent left to make similarly themed changes to males.

My point is that whether you agree or disagree in the validity of their choice to not return to Quel’Thalas is a matter of perspective, not a fact that makes them ethically good or bad.

3 Likes

What Fryarsing and I…and others…have been talking about is the full transformation, either Alleria-styled sucking a Dark Naaru (or equally powerful Void baddie) dry or renting Durzaan and mimicking what Umbric’s crew went through.

“Dabbling in the Void” is something every Warlock does…this isn’t that.

1 Like

I thought that was the Twisting Nether.

Yes, and from my perspective their ethically bad, traitors to their hereditary leader and their kind. It’s a matter of what lens we look at the facts through. I think we’re agreeing here.

It sure is…where do you think they pull their Void tanks from? Here, this may help: Shadow is Void:

2 Likes

Okay, but Warlocks should be up with Disorder, The Burning Legion, and Fel, no?

No, locks can use Fel…but not exclusively. Consider Shadow Bolt and Deathbolt, both direct Shadow…so Void…magic.

I would recommend looking up the stuff you guys keep going in circles about , I been reading allot today, “Blizzard Stories” there seens to be a few legit reasons why High Elves that choose not to Live Among the Sin’dorei or Accept their beliefs. Allot of the stuff going on here is being argued based on past games and opinion and not lore.

Right, the purple overturned teardrop thingies. Okay, you’ll have to forgive me for associating warlocks mostly with MALEDICT.

During Legion I played up all but shaman and warlock. I have a Mag’har shaman now I ran up through Legion and warlock is the last I haven’t played, but I can’t seriously level through this garbage anymore. Blizzard doesn’t care that we’re ten-years SICK of Cataclysm quests, I guess. Maybe 9.0 I’ll run a 'lock, but I just don’t much care for ranged. If I were fighting someone IRL and they were shooting me from afar, I’d call them a coward, so I tend to avoid ranged.

1 Like

Warlocks are mostly more of Shadow and Chaos. There is very little fel.

Which makes Blizzard making Maledict their most powerful spell frankly dumb.

Euston, we have found the problem.

1 Like

Which is pretty fair, and something that I actually think could be far better explored if they were playable. There’s a lot of nuance on the High Elves as a splinter of a larger group and it’s really a shame that such narrative has been overlooked. I’ve personally have always said that High Elves aren’t “the good ones” and their dichotomy with Blood Elves is a matter of choice, not who is in the right or not.

And WoW has really squandered a lot of potential with them and their political dissidence.

1 Like

I think Silvermoon has NPCs actually challenging something about the Silvermoon government.

Anyways, I am going to go jump on WoW and get some keystones done. Take care everyone.

1 Like

To be fair here, you’re discussing what the lore says about why they refused the call of their hereditary ruler, refused to adopt the name he gave them to honor the fallen, and refused to help rebuild the Scourge-shattered nation. I’m discussing how that looks, what my perception of their actions is.

The Lore can say, for example, that Jaina was acting appropriately when she ordered the Purge of Dalaran. I can say “Yeah no, the Purge was flat out wrong from my perspective”.

This whole Playable High Elf debate is absolutely nothing more than the perceptual lens each of us looks at the debate through.

1 Like

If I were fighting someone IRL and they were not shooting at me from afar when they could…while I could…I would call them foolish, shortly before I called them a corpse. :wink: