Why High Elves Don't Work: A Primer

one of the clearly other reasons is just that they start sucking arcane mage again, we all know elf eyes change based on the energies around/they have feed

But in reality, is all the options, the one i said, sunwell cleaning, other elves coming back, is not rly rocket science

4 Likes

Yes!!!
Seriously.

Never trusted the Naaru.

Twisted creatures.

2 Likes

The first time I remember a naaru was in Shat when you read this: <A soothing light fills you as you approach the naaru. Slow musical chimes echo within your mind and, though a word is not uttered, you feel an assurance of safety. You are welcome in Shattrath City.>
That really never made me feel safe at all, just feels creepy.

7 Likes

At this point the amount of customization we’ve seen so far makes me wonder just how much we can expect. It’s a lot and we still haven’t seen it all.

I am just assuming we won’t see any physical modifications to the models at this point and time. Maybe the art depot will pull thru in a few years, but who knows. Really excited to see what’s next.

Wowhead just showed a few examples of ombré hair colors for human females, seriously would be awesome for most races.

1 Like

It’s amazing to see that they’ve chosen to work on faces even, it doesn’t seem that long ago that humans got their update.
Well…it was just a slap in the face that Panda’s got multicolored hair and didn’t give that to Goblins! :wink:
(obligatory shot gif)

1 Like

2 Likes

Disagree.
Further, your closing statements are off and contradicted by what is in your own arguments. Your own arguments state there are groups of High Elves in the Alliance.
Therefore your final statement saying to keep High Elves out of the Alliance where lore has had them for over a decade is contradictory.
Players who want to play High Elves on the Alliance want to play as one of those groups.
Blizzard regretting Pandaren is moot. If there’s enough demand, then it’s sufficient.
Void Elves are traitor Blood Elves and if you think there are only a few small groups of High Elves in the Alliance, there are even fewer Void Elves (unless >=11% of the current Blood Elf population became Void Elves). As a point of fact we do know how many Alliance Elves there are, it was about 10-11% of the remaining Thalassian Elves.
And actually the whole demonic magic vs not thing is exactly the reason why the High Elves were banished (among others). So, your analogy of a Turkey vs Ham sandwhich is woefully inadequate.

Saying that the two people are not different enough is like saying West Virginia is no different than Virginia and has no basis for breaking away, because ultimately they share so many things. Why break away over a few small political issues? (Blood Elves were enslaving demons and Naaru to feed on – West Virginia disagreed with Virginia over slavery and some other things —> it’s actually not a bad comparison).

Some issues are pretty major, and even if it’s only a relatively small part of the population, if they can form in sufficient numbers (I don’t know, like enough for several major military campaigns between Wrath, Thunder Isle, and Suramar + Hunter Legion campaign), then they can be considered their own separate people as a political group. And if that’s the case, then High Elves in the Alliance should be playable.

3 Likes

If they don’t do facial piercings for orcs I’m going go hide in my shower for a weep.

3 Likes

High Elves are bad for game design. Which makes them an objectively bad race. Which means

This is objectively wrong.

1 Like

You haven’t in anyway proven they are bad for game design.

Therefore, you’re objectively wrong.

You’re expressing your subjective opinion.

2 Likes

Easy. They both look exactly the same and are the same in the looks department. This is people’s main appeal for a race usually. A race that looked almost identical to Blood Elves would be objectively bad game design.

You are objectively wrong.

2 Likes

I play pandas on both sides. I think you mean “I don’t like the idea.”

If we’re going to talk about the Pandaren, then we will be giving the Horde a different “Group” of Draenei that randomly appeared that look exactly identical to the Alliance draenei correct? All in fairness of course.

Sure! I’d probably not play one, I’m not the biggest fan of them, but we could definitely get some flavor of Eredar for the Horde!

(It’s the species name; the demonic eredar are known as Man’ari)

1 Like

Well at least you are reasonable.

To be fair there’s a difference between what people say and what they’d do if a situation really came to pass. When asked most helfers will say “yeah I’d be fine with that” to just about anything. It’s a meaningless point to argue and there’s nothing you can do about that.

However as we’ve seen that’s very different once it’s put into practice. Not calling anyone out but a fair number of helfers who two weeks ago were espousing how blue eyes for blood elves wouldn’t bother them are now carrying on like porkchops in one of the several threads dedicated to being mad about that fact.

7 Likes

Hey, so long as it’s reasonably set up, I’m all for Alliance Orcs or Horde Gnomes or whatever people want to play!

For example: I think we all would’ve been happier if we’d had a patch or two to create the Void Elves’ backstory, and pulled most of their population from Dalaran (we were already there!) instead of Silvermoon. Maybe even with a skin tone difference similar to the Worgen Two Forms racial.

I dont thinkt he argument is saying “they arent in the Alliance” but rather “they shouldnt be playable”. Which is entirely different.

Population doesnt matter. Population is an argument Blizzard uses to deny races. Its ONLY used to do so.

Most of the high elves werent banished. There was a lore rewrite with Chronicles which said most of the high elves outside of Quel’Thalas just chose not to go home.

I think the Civil War and the topic of slavery is a far more encompassing reason than high elves vs. blood elves.

Real life examples dont exactly work here.

They werent even major in that.