Why High Elves Don't Work: A Primer

Which isnt Pandaren.

Eh, could’ve used some better writing, but I see what they were going for. I like that the split is one based on philosophy and not purely background. I think that’s great.

Red vs Blue in both WoW and MTG terms.

Have they ever been major in any campaign? I can’t think of a single instance of them doing something where they couldn’t have been replaced by humans from the Kirin Tor without anyone noticing.

I’d have noticed if the Night Elves were replaced in the War of the Thorns or the blood elves at Suramar. But… the high elves? I can’t think of any defining conflicts like that.

4 Likes

zul’aman. where they finally showed up to defend quel’thalas in cata.

so not as part of the alliance

Such riveting philosophy like:

Tushui - There is good and bad
Huojin - Not everything is good or bad

And such philosophy is never built upon after its introduction. And the Alliance/Horde pandas get no story during their expansion, and their NPCs take a hard backseat to the neutral ones.

Then those NPCs become memes, and dont get used in the Monk Order Hall.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, my bad. I forgot the time they literally heeded the call of the real Ranger General.

1 Like

The closest is Isle of Thunder but they probably actually could just be replaced by humans of the Kirin Tor there l0l

I can give your face piercings. I have some extra arrows!

The Isle of Thunder wasn’t led or solely fought by high elves. Humans from the Kirin Tor literally ran the show. The Kirin Tor Offensive absolutely could have had more humans and no one would have known.

2 Likes

I was hoping to see Pandaren in the War campaign. Let’s just say I was disappointed.

2 Likes

If you could get an arrow into the septum I wouldn’t even be mad.

Uh, no?
Action vs planning.
Recklessness vs inaction
Passion vs intellect
Hurry up vs wait
Haste vs sloth

I have really good aim so I’m thinking I could!

1 Like

I wasnt surprised, Pandaren had no faction based writing since their initial expansion. They arent going to get any outside of the occassiona excerpt in a book.

This isnt as deep as you think it is.

6 Likes

Uh excuse me? One Pandaren Brewmaster showed up in the Alliance campaign and ripped on the Alliance for like 30 seconds while you killed him.

How is not the same as literal decades of lore and story emphasis other races have enjoyed?

You get an arrow (preferably bodkin) and I’ll get my splash resistant goggles.

2 Likes

Yea, what are we? Dwarves?

Come now, now you’re just being stubborn and unreasonable. What group is that deep in Warcraft?

Hell, what is “that deep” in general? Nothing is all that deep when you get right down to it.

The differences are fine, they just didn’t get much spotlight.

1 Like

I have an arrow ready! I made it extra pretty for you!

God, you wish.

1 Like

I can think of a lot of groups in WoW that are deeper than three sentences of their ideology description that can be boiled down to:

Tushui’s White/Black Decision-Making vs. Huojin’s Morally Grey Action-First.

So heres a good question: Why are these two ideologies the way they are?