Why High Elves Don't Work: A Primer

I’d love that!
Welcome back Snowsong! :hugs:

1 Like

mine is the sunwell just finally finished its work for those not closer to the light and they can manifest other colors again

but yea theres nothing stopping a helfer fan fanfictioning they are one of the few alliance high elves who decided it was time to return home now that the horde and alliance are at peace. liked what they saw and decided to stay awhile :woman_shrugging:

so since i dont think sylvannas is inevitably the bad guy, i made the mistake of researching who the actual problem was. follow along on my journey for answers:

1. lich king = you mean nerzhul, since arthas was stuffed in a corner of his own brain and his body used like a puppet by nerzhul. so not arthas. nerzhul.

1. nerzhul was corrupted by kiljaeden. so he wasnt the big bad either. so not nerzhul. kiljaeden.

1. kiljaeden was corrupted by sargeras. so he wasnt the big bad either. so not kiljaeden. sargeras.

1. sargeras was tricked and corrupted by the void lords. so he wasnt the big bad either. so not sargeras. the void lords.

1. the void lords are ruled over by the void gods and are thus just puppets of the void gods. so not the void lords. the void gods.

1. the void gods come into existence when a naaru begins to die. so void gods not the big bad. naaru.

1. the naaru. all this time, all the suffering, is a wind chime approaching death. you gotta admit, that’s really twisted

edit: since death is what converts the naaru into a void god, technically death is the big bad.

Never trust a Naaru. :wind_chime:

clearly. i mean they are loving, wonderful beings, till they start to die and then everything goes to hades

Or force them upon yourself without your consent.

That was fun, right?

(the irony of this coming from a blood elf considering the original blood knights is not lost on me :P)

1 Like

yeah i think that naaru’s days were numbered before illidan dispatched her. probably did everybody a favor if she was turning void god.

Doesn’t it work the other way, with Arthas basically mentally killing off his own goodness and Ner’zhul (or at least most of his presence) in the Arthas book?

oh i dunno. never read the books. just used the wiki to research, who did what to who.

Neither have I, but I googled since I had heard before that Ner’zhul was basically gone. It’s not like it’s 100% Arthas as he’s changed by the helm or whatever, but it sounds like at least parts of Arthas were the dominant ones.

Arthas became the dominant personality not nerzul.
After putting on the helm, nerzul and arthas became one. After a bit, they battled, arthas took over mentally and became the dominant personality. He is most assuredly lich king.
Frostmourne held the remnants of their memory. The deathlord erases those memories and transforms frostmourne into two one handers.
A naaru can become a void lord, but the lore suggests there are void lords who are not naaru iirc

yeah, well if i’m not using my full deck, chances are i’m gonna make mistakes. in his case, he had a royal deck and his mistakes were alot worse.

no, not void lord, void god. void gods are the creation of a dying naaru.

Errr i meant void god.
But i think in the cosmo story thingie it suggests void lords and naaru existed at the same time.
You are probably right with them being two sides of the same coin.

We need to destroy the wind chimes

1 Like

thing is, they likely wouldnt die if death werent the big bad ultimately but without death, everything would eventually be a huge pile of protomatter. forget whats its called. the botani were trying to recreate it. the mound.

There you go.

Its because they are primal forces so they dont really die so to speak.
Death is entropy though, so, entropy wins

Everything at this state is being converted from Arcane to Fel and Nature to Death. We know through Sargeras that at one point, Fel was changed to Arcane.

There’s tonnes of tribes, if you go through the part of Dazar’alor with the speakers there’s tonnes of forest troll tribes. Most of which use the skinny troll model.

Off the top of my head there’s a few tribes who weren’t part of the Amani’s federation and instead owed their loyalty to Rend Blackhand and the Dark Horde. We know that lore-wise the Blackrock clan and presumably the Black Tooth Grin clan have since reintegrated into the Horde after the fall of the Dark Horde. Maybe the Firetree and Smolderthorn forest trolls came with them.