Why High Elves Don't Work: A Primer

That is because Blizzard is more well known as a company of “Fun Detected, Fun Removed”.

Don’t forget Elvis.

So very true. Lol blizzard do stuff that will sell and thus make you money. Thats the point of a business.

2 Likes

Hey, you leave my High Elvis alone. He was the king of rock ‘n’ roll.

1 Like

That is because the profit made is not worth the risk involved.
The more limited something is, the greater its value.

Horde players should stop being selfish and give this one thing to the Alliance. Their faction is dwindling every year and the faction imbalance is just going to grow. Maybe gifting them Blood Elves with blue eyes will make more people want to play the faction and we can achieve balance again.

Sarallesta: 9/10 wiped out by Scourge with 9/10 of what remained deciding to call themselves Blood Elves, some choosing to keep the High Elf name. Yes.

No. Factions have unique things because it helps define the faction. Blue gets its own thing, Red gets its own thing. Sharing is a bad idea.

Sadly he died on the throne.

As much as I would like to agree, this is actually one thing I do not agree with. There is no faction inbalance. There is a participation inbalance, but it is by players choice really to chose for participation, not Blizzards.

1 Like

You got arcane night elves last expansion anyway. Kind of hypocritical to keep saying this.

3 Likes

What did the Alliance get last expansion when the Horde received arcane night elves?

Um, bro, Blood Elves/High Elves has always been addicted to Arcane.

He means the nightborne

Nightborne were just Highborne. An Upper Class of Night Elves before the Night Elves banished them out from there society because of the Arcane.

The one argument i refuse to agree on, by pro or anti is “Oh, the Horde got Night Elves while the Alliance got High Elves in form of Void”. Fact is, both groups here are very distinctive from one another, and while one group has a tragic tale (yes, talking about the Nightborne with this part), the other group was just a quickly rushed group with very little lore to them.

And yet there seem to be no problems that each faction got races that were extremely similar to a mainstay race of the opposite faction.

I don’t believe you when you say the problem is that they look too similar. I think this is a pride thing. Maybe it goes even deeper than that. There’s certainly no rational underpinning present.

2 Likes

Why not give velfs the customization options for high elves.

Then make mechagnomes better looking and give them druids/shamans to go parody crazy.

And finally do a really cool final allied race. Like mogu. We are farming rep with a friendly mogu group now so they could join us now.

2 Likes

THat requires me to be in agreement with what occurred.

The only thing different appearance wise between void elves and blood elves, is skin and hair color. Take that away, and they’re the exact same thing. Even nightborne had the model actually altered.
It is also what Blizzard stated.

It is very rational from a development stand point.

As long as they keep there Tenticles and Fabulous hair styles :heart:

Just have a toggle on/off like alleria problem solved.

1 Like