Why High Elves Don't Work: A Primer

Like I’m not even coy about saying Void Elves have the worst set up and development of any AR.

The ONLY art assets they have that ARE for them are:

-Heritage Armor
-Their Banner

NOTHING else. It’s sad and kinda insulting that they are this much of an afterthought even 2 years after being introduced.

1 Like

So all we have left is continue to point out how magnificently dumb the Void Elf introduction was, I know.

It’d be nice if they had like… A SINGLE building.

1 Like

They literally have none! It’s crazy. Other races have WHOLE ZONES of assets made just for them, Void Elves get nothing, NOTHING!!!

1 Like

How about just try to enjoy what you can about them. I mean…seriously? You’re playing one. :scream_cat: :crazy_face:

I think that their considerations and priorities are different from yours.

1 Like

Not because I’m playing with a VE model it means I can’t be critical of how lazy they are as concept and how laughable their implementation was.

It’s also pretty obvious this char is meant to be a High Elf. I do have 1 bonna fide Void Elf in full Heritage set and I do like them. But beyond loving that Sub Rogue, yah, nothing too nice I can say about VE’s as a group.

Who didn’t even got to be relevant on the PATCH ABOUT THE VOID.

I take the VE’s as a great big Yennefer storyline geared towards pragmatism and power so I love them. Even the low key tents they have remind me of Niilfgard’s archeology site from the Witcher show, where they were studying stuff, which makes sense because the VEs are studying… the Void, I like their tents I don’t think Telogros is meant to be ‘home’ but a research operation

Evidently. Hence why I, and many others kinda just… disagree with them.

It’s hilarious that you can play a void elf while at the same time spitting venom on them.
But do what you want.
:hugs:

Imagine how beautiful it could be. A domed roof with that galaxy stars thing you see on their belt.

Spires reaching up into the void beyond purple black crystals at their apex, Void Lightning crackling attracted by the towers.

Little edifices to hold those few void portals open so they don’t have to just leave em sitting there willy nilly.

1 Like

That sounds very uncritical of you, compounding criticism with venom. Like I love the idea of Void Elves, but I will always say their introduction to the lore was atrocious and rushed. The two facts can coexist and it’s kinda odd you think otherwise.

Next you will tell me that since I am also very critical of BfA as an expansion I shouldn’t be playing WoW.

1 Like

Oh! one idea I had is that they could not build their settlement on top of Telogrus, but below all the spires pointing downwards, like the reflection of spires in the water.

Venom is how your ‘criticism’ comes off, at least to me. Maybe you don’t realize how hateful it ends up seeming.
So not sure what else to tell you.

Eh, that’s often the concern of people that focus more on tone than content I guess :man_shrugging:

!!! OMG YES! Thats amazing and perfect in every way!

I still want my dome with galaxy shinies though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh but indeed, imagine them upside down. It’s space! the sky doesn’t have to be the ceiling, the void it’s the abyss below, isn’t it?

Well if you’d rather not do any introspection I guess there’s not much more I can say.

Someone can play a thing and still disagree with how it was implemented. The Void Elves were poorly implemented in my opinion as well. They were meant to fix the Alliance not having their High Elves. Well they pulled them from Blood Elves, and did so in such a way that really suggested they were all scholars. It felt half baked and didn’t really give the Alliance what they’d been asking for.

And as we were just discussing a bit, their home zone seems half baked too.

Not only that they were pulled from a rep that really would have given us Broken Draenei with a new draenei based model.

Its no wonder many folk feel they were a poorly implemented AR.

2 Likes

The Agrussian Reach made 0 sense for VEs, we should have gotten an Alleria lead campaign in BFA akin to 7th legion or something to pull rep for VE’s imho

1 Like