Why High Elves Don't Work: A Primer

You’re welcome.

woohoo. thanks for the info. i’m glad to see it there.

i like hyper as well but i know its not mutual :smile:

1 Like

I’m glad I pointed it out. I thought you might have already seen it. :hugs:

1 Like

i never dislike people just because i dont agree with them. that’d be silly. haha.

1 Like

It’s just too bad they use it as a Trojan horse. They try to get you to agree to it then show you a high elf and just call it a half elf.

Well I wouldn’t agree to it unless they look more like humans or anything else but elves.

3 Likes

I’d expect the next thing to cross faction lines to be a lot more different than nightborn and night elves. People raged pretty hard. An eye color swap isn’t going to do it.

1 Like

well would be rather difficult to look like a belf if you 1) have shorter eyebrows, 2) have shorter ears, 3) if caucasian your hair color options are pink, kalec blue or frostfencer teal, 4) you have the option to use the african and asian faces/skins/hair types/color, and 5) have a thinner human torso instead of a belf torso. it just might work.

hey folks, help out the half elf thread. go post in it

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/new-race-for-the-alliance-half-elves/429604?u=hypêrspace-dalaran

1 Like

That’s what I have been saying since VE’s were introduced! The discussion would have been completely different now.

But man! I could have only added the /s to make it more obvious ayyyy

High Elves have lived in Dalaran for almost 3k years. It’s really so SO possibly that the population could be comprised of a considerable number of half and even quarter Elves.

Like personally, while on other cities half elven population could have been very small, Dalaran has always been the place where it could have made sense for it to have been sizeable -I mean come on, literally the first guardian of Tirisfal was a half elf, it has been going for a long time-

Also it would be very very reasonable that Vereesa managed to recruit more of the hypothetical half elven population of Dalaran into the Silver Covenant as a more radical alternative to the mainstream neutrality. It would be a very complex wrinkle to it all.

Also I have always loved how Elisande downright calls them out on “diluting their bloodline” so it’s a well known fact.

1 Like

Though I don’t have the same issues with half elves that I have with high elves, I still want something… different… for the Alliance.

1 Like

2 Likes

I mean that has always been an issue; do we want something new or something familiar? And the thing is, why should we have to choose when we could have had both? Also the people that have wanted HE’s have done so since the begining of wow because of War2, yet most of the familiar races we have had added as AR have come… out of nowhere.

LFD? Out of Nowhere. Void Elf? Oh Yah. Kul Tirans? Literally reconned into be an offshoot of humanity. Mechagnomes? Oh ya betcha.

Only Dark Irons have been an old request, so to say “Nah, half elves too would be more of the same” really dismisses those who have wanted that flavor of familiar since… always.

There’s no reason why AR should be limited on the first place either.

Waitaminute…

So something old, or something new

And they gave the Alliance Void Elves

Did they just use that wedding poem thingy to figure out what to do as ARs?

Cause Void Elves at least from one POV are both something borrowed and something blue.

This has been Deep Thoughts with Tarrok

3 Likes

Which is exactly why Void Elves have been multiple times been referred as a monkey’s paw scenario from both sides.

They may look alike, but they just aren’t the High Elves we wanted.

They may borrow themes and aesthetic, but they just aren’t the Ethereals other people wanted.

1 Like

I kinda wish they’d build some buildings in Telegorous with their own colors and elven flair to. They live in tents…

1 Like

Stop it with the crazy eyebrows…making me laugh here!

1 Like

2 Likes

And yet…they’re not going to change the Void Elf story now…they’re not going to retcon it to please a few people who aren’t happy with it.