Why High Elves Don't Work: A Primer

Considering a particular poster’s recent attacks on our other resident Aussie, maybe lay off the Australia jokes. :wink:

1 Like

Man, anyone who does a bad joke about Australia, should recieve a pernament vacation off the forums.

Things have been really bad down here, and last thing we need is people doing bad jokes about this country.

EDIT: Oh yeah, you know I’m an Aussie too?
EDIT 2: But seriously, anyone who leads on personal attacks towards another because of where there from, shouldn’t be allowed on the forums at all.

2 Likes

i’m fairly certain we lost quite a few helfers when ion did the "blood elves are kinda high elves’ thing. the fall out on the forums and helfer discord was bad. many are playing other games now. i know i cant prove it or give numbers, but it’d probably be the equivalent of telling mechagnome fans that instead of making them playable, they gonna instead kill them off or abandon them in the maw (which i think they are gonna do. alliance high elves have been marked for extinction, i’m pretty sure )

It’s not damage when people leave the game over things they dont’ like. It happens all the time and the company knows it. It’s not ‘damage’ it’s normal.

I hope you understand that population is an extremely niche thing. You’re taking 250 people and assuming that they are representative of the millions of people that play the game. Those are only the most motivated few.

By that I mean the ABSOLUTELY MOST motivated few. They are very few at that.

if people quit, its always because they got bored

Or because they also have lives or because Beta for Azeroth scared them away.

Exactly. What makes Allied races exciting is that they add to the game. Though a handful of very motivated people obsess over playable Alliance high elves, they really add nothing to the Alliance or the game. It’s not only a race already playable on the Horde, the Alliance is already full of human equivalent races. Before you go down that road again I mean more human like than just humanoid.

1 Like

so? we got mechagnomes on the motivated few.
i’m a half elf fan. my thread for the inclusion of half elves, was never allowed to reach megathread status and was 404’d because i guess any topic about elves unless it’s anti alliance elf related, is considered spam, and only high elf threads or san’layn thread will be tolerated, and in the case of high elf threads, only for short periods of time. it’s like… i’m trying to think what it reminds me of… it’s like people have no empathy for each other.

1 Like

Plenty of people were pissed off that thyer weren’t different enough from gnomes and they have robot limbs and eyes! What your asking for is the least diverse option to date. It’s an eye color. There would be rage.

1 Like

half elves wouldnt look like belfs. whatcha talkin’ about willis

Because we won’t admit that there was ‘damage’ done over alliance not getting high elves, we have no empathy?

Thank you for this, but to say Fyre is one of the most disingenuous and bad faith actors in this debate is not something I say lightly.

Next time your buddies try to Trojan horse that, you should speak up.

…And we’re talking about high elves. Don’t change the subject.

Just please…stop the personal attacks.

4 Likes

didnt i call it everyone

You have to give him props though, someone came into the other thread firing all kinds of shots and he called them out. The other guy would have encouraged that then freaked out when called out on it. Turning into a pity party until the thread got 404d.

Eeep. I’ve been involved in this too much, now I’m getting amazon ads for stuff like this

1 Like

i couldnt’ even maintain a thread with the request for half elves on the alliance because it was considered high elf spam. the alliance cant have anything unless its pre approved by the horde, which is now filled with former alliance players who gave up trying to get the devs attention.