Why High Elves Don't Work: A Primer

While this people only want to drag them even closer

not true for me. i want half elves and for them to have access to the new african and asian skins/faces/hair, as well as caucasian. i want those half elves to be the result of alliance high elves and humans, intermixing, with shorter elf ears and shorter elf eyebrows.

edit: oh and a pink hair option. and that pretty kalec blue, and frostfencer teal. and white, and black and blonde. an orc female braid, asian style. and wrathion hair. :sunglasses:

And I told you before, that’s something that I CAN support if they’re different enough from Belves.

1 Like

to be honest, i think that’s their plan. they gonna wack the sc or abandon them in the maw. sad day for helfers.

1 Like

well quit leaving people who accept or like the idea of half elves as a high elf solution, out of your commentary when you refer to helfers. i’m a helfer but would prefer half elves. you’re anti but would accept half elves. middle road reached, common ground achieved. it’s not as bad as you think

you have no examples as usual. farstriders were always the ones who disagreed with the politics in quel’thalas. before wrath the only high elves you could find were in the lodges. and they were farstrider types. rogues/warriors are farstrider types not magister types btw. the obvious implication is vereesa attracted other exiled farstriders under her banner in dalaran to oppose aethas(who sits on the council of six) and his plan to reestablish relations with the magisters of quel’thalas. she got a handful of like minded mages to join her from dalaran

thats all the SC is. the SC are a complete joke, they are a tiny group, insignificant in number and crucially, nonplayable. as an npc political reactionary group of an already playable race, they are simply story tools for other, more important individuals and factions

you will either respond with another ad hominem or just flat out say no im wrong with no examples to cite because you have nothing of substance to back your fanfiction

talendrion and lannisteros are both very agreeable people. talendrion has been here since allied races were first announced, supporting the inclusion of high elves or even half elven like modified high elf models. he’s always been very thorough and very patient. but eventually people just kinda go on tilt from staying in the debate for too long. darn near happened to me last night.

Exactly, they exist as part of the Blood Elf story and their part in that story has long run its course.

Ya’ll forget that vereesa was married to the leader of the kirin tor, while you hold up aethas’ position there. She had power and authority there.

Also the silver covenant has a bunch of spellcaster classes, rogues, and warriors along wth those hunters. They’re not just a farstrider group they just took their organization from the farstriders…

I’ll grant you they threw their lot in with the unseen path in legion but since the order halls clearly had no impact on anything(since bfa makes no sense with them there.) then this doesn’t change much.

They would have been much better if they looked like the ones from Legion. And what happened with the heritage armor?

3 Likes

can you imagine the forums if the sc is whacked or abandoned in the maw? the antis will be celebrating and rubbing as much salt in the wound as possible and the pros will melt down. … like you think the meltdown of belfs having to deal with lookalikes would be bad, imagine if you wanted to play a belf and they were killed off instead so you couldnt. i know this is hard to believe, but helfers are actually human beings too, with nerve endings and stuff

I don’t think that we have any clarity on this. It may be that they dissolved as a group and were absorbed.

I mean… Why would they?

Vereesa still wears their tabard in BFA. They’re still there. Blizzard just hasn’t put any effort into the game this expac so they’ve expanded none of the lore that doesn’t pertain directly to bfa.

he always seemed agreeable to me. he only ever says positive stuff

I don’t think people will care all that much. The same few will spam the forums as they have been, then demand AU High Elves.

Can you imagine the forums if they were made playable? People will be outraged, “Blizz is giving in to… whining… letting them steal a core Horde race.” and “Horde gets vulpera and we don’t even get a lazy skin swap, just an eye swap.” It compresses all the problems people had with mechagnomes and nightborne into one, then applies those problems to the most popualr race in the game, Blood Elves.

1 Like

the same few is at least equivalent to those who wanted mechagnomes. it’s gonna be a sad day, and i think blizz is gonna do it. i think they’re gonna have the sc go out in a heroically sad way, which will make it even worse

When he’s feeding the trolls on his side? What have you been reading?

One of us disagrees with him and he freaks out about being bullied, a person who argues for playable Alliance high elves says something terrible and he pats them on the back. Heck, that’s most of what he seems to do.

5 Likes

yes i called it before, they will just say ‘the bronze dragons can go back in time to prevent it!’ or yea ‘but AU high elves like the maghar orcs!’

so, why the hell would AU high elves join an alliance with humans over their own people :woman_shrugging:

He’s kinda weirdly agreeable at high elf posters, yes.

But he’s down there with Kizzan, Fy(o/a)r and Callistus in slinging massive loads of inappropriate wangroddery at us. Maybe he’ll come around and redeem himself, but after the stuff he was accusing us of in the thread he got 404’ed, no, I don’t have any benefit of the doubt for him, and I don’t even engage with him since he’ll find any excuse (like someone correctly answering a question he asked) to smear us.

4 Likes

I expect that the next time we see the AU it will be after a light doomsday. They have to be eager to wash their hands of it.