Why High Elves Don't Work: A Primer

Honestly was was referring to the Australian Wildfires WTFery, like what was even that.

Tell you the truth, that’s a huge chunk of what I was referring to too. It kinda felt like it was more here to be offensive for offense’s sake rather than be a part of the conversation

1 Like

There are like three group of High Elves they could have used for that the could have been potentially more numerous and better set up for multi class than Umbric’s group.

2 Likes

i guess with your logic ‘fyarsing’ is a tribute to firewoman? what it this logic even

yes and they went with the ones that call themselves blood elves :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Thank you for your short summary of what the Pro Helf community is, a vocal minority trying to portrait themselves as a big movement.

1 Like

It’s hilarious that you keep saying stuff like this “yes they went for this group so it must be the better choice.” It’s like you are unable to criticise blizzard and can do no wrong in your eyes and of course they are right. As long as you agree with that decision that is.

The whole point of the issue of how counterproductive we think the devs choices have been about the issue, and all you have to say is “no they are right”

While you have a Boot to lick, some of us have valid criticisms. Be gone if all you have to say is “Blizzard did such so they must be right” to shutdown any critisism.

I think it’s a large amount of people full of lore knowledge and who just wanna RP, their discord is very friendly too and the art some people produce amazes me.

1 Like

hey it worked for the mechagnome fans.

Been there, Theres nothing nice about it.

I don’t get your need to defend them and paint them as the most inocent thing in existence tho. You’re certainly not going to change my view.
Hell, you don’t even know anything about my history with them, if you’re going to take a side at least do your research first.

Anyway, I stand by my point, Helves are a nothing new and shouldn’t be playable.

You’re forgetting something important, Mechagnomes are on the same faction as Gnomes.
Nightborne and Velves were a swap. The Alliance has no claim on the Belfs Model as they have been a Horde race for more than 10 years. Velves were bad enought.

4 Likes

nothing really of substance here to respond to, but its pretty obvious why they didnt use the few alliance high elves left, that a few who chose exile over draining from living beings could not make the moral choice to use void magic(up there with necromancy probably in dalaran) to the point it would transform them. plus the SC is/were mostly farstrider types. it is something that would have been completely out of place in terms of the story

1 Like

i’m a velf. doncha think i know that? haha

No, I’m not forgetting…but that doesn’t mean I need to just let that stuff go by without comment.

3 Likes

Well as long as you continue to live on your delusion that the SC are “mostly Farstrider types” I guess you’ll continue to believe so.

Regardless that Umbric’s group is literally “scholar types” yet they end with every class…

It’s like you are unable to see the hypocrisy in your points. Kinda hilarious.

Love how you equate Void Magic with draining mana from creatures, fun leap. We already know of High Elves interested on the Void as individuals, and also fun that you fail to consider that the HE’s could have been turned as a group against their will.

2 Likes

You take that back :unamused:

they could also kill the SC in shadowlands. just have vereesa confront sylvanas with a couple elves and kill them :woman_shrugging:

but the fact they didnt use your ‘the SC is primarily a magister type organization’ for their origin after discussing it internally, kind of proves im right doesnt it

The main reason I’m pro HE is because of the kind constructed arguments they made that weren’t attempting to do anything but educate me on Alliance history which as a new Alliance main I found very riveting.

Carefully constructed arguments built on kindness which displayed people’s love for RP, and I just like to show my support to the HE community in these threads.

1 Like

So…you…like the people who want something and so you will support them just because they want something.

I mean model wise, I always advocate for them and Nightborne to be made more distinct from their parent race.
While this people only want to drag them even closer

3 Likes

You pretty much said the same thing again and ignored all I said.
Rose colored lens much?

1 Like

You always do this, when you can’t argue a point always resort to the “well they could kill the remaining high elves” It’s tiring.

First, here we go again with your downright lies. My point is that the SC is a Multi-disciplinary organization. It’s you the one with the asinine obsession of classifying them as a Ranger organization. They have been shown predominantly with Rangers and Mages, and then Rogues and Warriors in lesser numbers. My whole argument is that they have been portrayed as multidisciplinary.

So your

Is you yet again, lying about other people’s points and I’m just so sick of it.

If I think Blizzard made a dumb decision by originating them Blood Elves from, how do you think I feel about you for sticking with it?

1 Like