Why High Elves Don't Work: A Primer

excellent points. i nod to your correction.

it no longer applies to blood elves either :woman_shrugging:. or did you already forget that blood elves lost that initial ‘magic at all costs’ edge they were sold with anyway, what with the restoration of the sunwell

what role could the few alliance high elves possibly have in the story now. given that their main role, foils to the blood elves, now belongs to void elves

alliance high elves are utterly irrelevant in every single conceivable context

apparently the blood elves later known as void elves, didn’t. so alliance inherited your cursed on the inside elves. wasnt that kind of the devs? hehe, they love alliance. :rofl:

except to the people who want to play them.

sorry i just dont have any sympathy left for people who resort to spamming and denial of lore. alliance high elves no more constitute a distinct flavor of elf than a defias human constitutes a distinct flavor of a human

1 Like

you’re directing that to who? oh, i get it. you have no sympathy for the fact alliance got the cursed blood elves, the ones who pursue magic at all costs, because high elf fans spam high elf threads. well just for the record, the only thread i made was about half elves, oh and a third faction composed of all the elven races. haha

if it helps my current tinfoil hat is that all this will come to an end soon not just with updated blood elf customization, but vereesa dying in shadowlands or the SC being folded back into the farstriders through lorthemar and vereesa squashing their beefs now that the faction war is over

1 Like

i dont want to be around to see the fall out. it will not be pretty. i witnessed that one time before, and was way too invested in the outcome. i’m actually glad i mostly play classic now. if they dont give us high elves, i’ll shrug. if they dont give us half elves either. i’ll just stay on classic

My hope is that they’ll make an even more definitive statement of never giving the alliance High elves. Will not give Void Elves more customization to look even more like our Blood Elves. And will give Blood Elves more eye colors including non glow eyes.

2 Likes

Sad that people would make such a stink over pixels.

2 Likes

they’ve been stringing players along on this topic for a long time. ion’s statement that blood elves were high elves and just play them, is the closest they have ever gotten to saying no. to me, i think he did say no and people are just hoping he’ll change his mind. i dont think he will.

you’ll likely get blue eyes. the alliance will likely not get a thing they asked for on this subject, and eventually some other enterprising game company will snag up the high elf people. but they got their work cut out for them cause blizzard made one heckuva game. its gonna take more than high elves.

2 Likes

None of which is racist, demonstrated by the fact that a company headquartered in California and operated by some of the most liberal people in the video game industry have deigned to allow me continued access to these glorious forums.

I get it, where you’re from if it upsets you it is racist – but that isn’t how it is in the rest of the world. :man_shrugging:

The post you quoted wasn’t edited at all. :man_shrugging:

As stated above, Blizzard hasn’t ever released a playable race without first creating a completely unique aesthetic for them – to imagine a world wherein Blizzard elects to copy/paste the High Elves, with their aesthetic unchanged, is both disingenuous and ignorant of reality. :man_shrugging:

and awz would tell you that its the helfers, who want a copy/paste high elf, and some of them do. most dont mind a modified model and some, such as myself, would prefer the modification to be half elven (cause among other things, we might be able to get access to the new asian and african skins too. i wanna make an african half elf who looks like tuvok’s (the vulcan from star trek voyager) sister. and an asian half elf with a long braid down her back, like the orc female braid, but asian style. and a caucasian half elf with pink hair and blue eyes… and and and hehe)

1 Like

I do agree Ion representing all the devs, said ‘no’ already, they’re not stringing anyone along, it’s just that some people refused to see the truth.

3 Likes

Judging by the allied races so far, I think a lot of people will be upset about playable Alliance high elves, on both sides. Certainly more than the small group appeased by Blizzard giving in. A lot of Horde players will be angry that the Alliance stole their most popular core race, and a lot of Alliance players will be pissed that all they got was an eye color swap. It’s like stealing the most popular mount from the Horde and giving the Alliance more other horses at the same time.

3 Likes

I got money on Furbolg next.

Nearly anything is a better option.

And more likely between the fact that worgen are the last race without an AR and that they’ve confirmed no new customisations for ARs.

1 Like

Not from the perspective of Alliance players. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I am an Alliance player and you don’t speak for us. :woman_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

4 Likes