Why High Elves Don't Work: A Primer

Can we please not disparage anyone’s nationality or country?

3 Likes

Not sure where the “All Australians are dumb” stereotype came from. The only Australian stereotype I’m aware of is that their entire wildlife population is out to kill them. Y’know, Great Emu War and the like

But calling someone uneducated for their nationality? Tsk tsk. We’re all individuals before anything else, let’s not resort to that kind of behavior

2 Likes

Gallipoli. Gotta be pretty dumb to run up a cliff at guys with machine guns.

I really doubt I have influence over Fyor. Yeah… as I mentioned before I could have said something… it’s a little too late now.

I mean when you think about it, a lot of WW1 was incredibly dumb

1 Like

Not the Royal Armoured Car brigade. They were dope as hell, they just whipped around Flanders in Rolls Royces with armour bolted on trying to fire machine guns while moving. Not a single confirmed kill after like a year.

2 Likes

me getting around to check in on the thread

for the record vacine, alliance high elves have an addiction, same as the blood elves because they are the same people :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

i never stated that it was your personal position, only that if you are right and they are just despicable people, then antis who say they dont want it to be good helfers vs. bad belfers, apparently have nothing to worry about, so that excuse is crossed off the reasons why alliance high elves wont work list

if you listen to the video the making of the burning crusade, one of the devs even says that the blood elves fit right in the horde because they are kinda cursed on the inside. they are also said to be incapable of embracing the light till the naaru cleansed the sunwell and that they had “definitely lost their souls.”

thats just the way the horde were presented at the time, including blood elves. its a bit confusing though to say they were redeemed by the light at the end of tbc, but yet they are still on the horde, who are kinda cursed on the inside.

its no wonder the alliance high elves, who were presented as strong enough to not go the route the blood elves did as regards mana tapping creatures and so forth, would be considered goody two shoes by players who read the commentary from the devs and the lore. they sound like they are strong willed and courageous in the face of extinction, and it makes the blood elves sound like they are weak willed and cowardly.

No it’s not, for the millionth time, the Horde aren’t evil.

i didnt say they were. the devs in the video i linked said, the blood elves fit on the horde because they are kinda cursed on the inside.

Again, if you’re trying to prove the fact that you haven’t read anything people against them has said, you’re doing a fine job at it and, again, that’s a point that was made because your side keeps on trying to excuse and justify every single wrongdoing on the part of the High elves.
And on top of all this, this is only a very, very tiny reasons of the mountain of far more important reasons as to why they shouldn’t be playable… but well, it’s been stablished that you haven’t bothered to read what people has been saying.

I feel your interpretation of this is at best a stretch and furthermore, you’d ignored everything that has been said in that video, they talk about them “losing their soul” of them pragmatically dealing with their situation… you know, like every other Horde race.

1 Like

its just one more reason, out of many, that can be crossed off the list of reasons high elves dont work, cause if you’re right, the bad guys are really the alliance high elves.

as far as interpreting it, well here’s the dev saying it. time stamped to the spot

no, the high elves joined the horde because of the forsaken. part of the reason the forsaken were keen to bring the blood elves into the horde was that they had been allies during the second war and ofc they were led by their former ranger general of silvermoon sylvanas windrunner

there was even flavour text uttered by forsaken NPCs in undercity during the TBC pre event confirming this

you, midare and guzzle are blaming me for what the dev said. lol

one more time with meaning

1 Like

You’re sort of taking that out of context. He doesn’t just say that, he says that as he talks about how the blood elves have abandoned the light and what a hole they’re in at that time.

They fit with the Horde because like most of the Horde races (except the tauren who are perfect) they were going through a redemption story. A story that is now complete.

2 Likes

oh i know this also. the dev in the vid, even says, they are on the horde because of lady sylvannas windrunner. lets argue about that next.

i even said that!
argh this conversation is infuriatingly repetitive. i gotta get a new hobby

i get what you are saying, but their ‘soul’ and really the entire concept of TBC high elves was resolved with the restoration of the sunwell. they went back to being traditional high elves. the blood elves have the right to define what high elves are as a people, not a few SC elves lurking around in dalaran still

2 Likes

i knowwwwww this i know iknowiknow.
why do the devs infer that the horde are kinda cursed on the inside, since this is the reason given for why blood elves fit on the horde, cause they’re kinda cursed on the inside. the DEVS not me, gave people the impression that the horde was not exactly good, including blood elves. this lead to people thinking that the alliance high elves who didnt join the horde, were actually goody two shoes elves, which further was given as a reason they shouldnt be playable as it would just make the alliance even more insufferable.

apparently, midare says that its actually the alliance high elves who are bad. not just a little bad, but really bad.

No it’s you.

The Horde’s central theme is redemption, that doesn’t mean they’re bad.

3 Likes