Why High Elves Don't Work: A Primer

At the Isle Dalaran was representing the Alliance with the SC part of it, at Suramar the Sentinels were representing the Alliance, the Silver Covenant were fighting alongside the forces of Dalaran.

I’m fine if they aren’t playable. There aren’t many high elves left that didn’t betray their allies. The high elves that have remained with us can remain as NPCs and background characters just like the several ogre clans that are still part of the Horde.

But for those who do want them Midare, it isn’t about trying to take something from the Horde, it’s about playing a high elf who has remained in the Alliance.

2 Likes

I don’t see what the big deal is. High Elves are on Alliance. Lots of people want to play them, hence the numerous threads. Even those arguing against it are still bringing awareness to the subject, be that for or against, still keeping the topic alive and relevant. We all know how much this company likes money, and it’s obvious this would be a huge money maker. I’m surprised they haven’t added them or customization options to void elves for this reason.

Then I suggest reading the OP.

1 Like

The Kirin’tor offensive did comprise silver covenant and Sunreavers yes… but the two factions were still hostile to eachother, it was a coalition, with nothing suggesting that they were there other than to support Jaina and the alliance.

Are you sure about that? :wink:

Still don’t think it’s a big deal.

Well then we’ll have to agree to disagree. :slightly_smiling_face:

You might not realize that, but that’s taking something away from the horde right there if it became the story.

That’s taking some of the drastic heroics of the Blood Elf origin and turning it to betrayal. That’s taking a faction of players who have been batter with senseless villain batting that none of us sign up for and putting the boot in “Alliance = Good Elves Horde = Traitor Elves”

1 Like

My bad. You are right, Sunreavers onslaught is the opposite of the Kirintor offensive.

Let analyze why the SC may lend their support to the kirintor at that time… Jaina, whom is known at the time of MoP to devote the Kirintor as an extension of the alliance.

I mean we can discuss motivations all we like, but during the Purge the Silver Covenant performed official policing duties (heavy handed though they were), then they fought for them twice more during military campaigns.

Meanwhile we’ve never seen them fight independently. I think it’s clear the writing’s on the wall.

You sure about that? /looks at elf uprising

You mean that campaign led by Khadgar? The leader of the Kirin Tor?

no, its about playing a pale, beautiful, normal looking elf in your preferred aesthetic. you want access to the sexy supermodel race without playing the horde and everybody knows it

even development recognized this when they emphasized ‘you love alliance, youre an alliance only player, and you want to be a blue eyed blood elf? sorry :woman_shrugging:, eye color is not the same maybe we will add contacts in the future :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Alliance side led by Tyrande… as an effort of the elves to take down Elisande.

In any regard where is the order that they are there at the request of Khadgar? I mean really the evidence is more in the categorize of alliance representation, since no hard evidence of Dalaran mandate.

Just like isle of Thunder…

To be honest I think I’d like Ion a lot more if he’d gotten a lady out to shrug during the “the Horde’s waiting for you” line.

1 Like

It’s interesting that the only way Fyre could get people to even read her posts was to change characters. :laughing:

1 Like

I’d suggest you stop making this accusation. Not only does it make your argument weak and invalid, it shows what you really think of the Pro high elf group.

4 Likes

To be fair, I think the idea that aesthetics play no part is a bit… not true.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that, it’s a perfectly legitimate reason to want something.

I agree, but to the extent that Fyre says its for underlying reasons… is, well uncalled for. I will call out any person for making that accusation as an attempt to undermine the request.

1 Like