šŸš« Why High Elves are a bad idea

I need not repeat myself

Again I must ask, why would you care if this thread only got one or 2 posts every couple if days. Unless you have adenda against this opinion.

Anyway, the faction divide at least for me seems like the most glaring issue to me for more elves. With how the story is progressing and anduins devotion to peace, sylvanus seems all thats left keeping the divide up.

A factionless WoW could happen.

1 Like

I agree with you 100%. Also, ugly people playing beautiful characters leads to a complexion conflict. That has them projecting negativity.

Honestly, they missed their chance to do it in Legion.

Though assuming they do kill off sylvanas alliance would still have a leader eager for revenge, like Tyrande and her night elves so I donā€™t think faction conflict could be over yet.

Anduin is a good kid, but I donā€™t think everyone in the Alliance holds the same views

Uhh what?

1 Like

I was poking fun at the people playing elfsā€¦Because Iā€™m a dwarfā€¦

2 Likes

Let me direct you two two ā€œmegaā€ threads in which all high elf discussion can essentially be contained, and they were until people decided they needed to start doing stuff like this:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/why-high-elves-dont-work-a-primer/19431?u=kirela-arygos

For not implementing high elves and ALL of the reasons not to.

Then there is:

For ALL reasons to implement them.

Soā€¦ letā€™s go back to keeping the discussion nice and tidy in one or the other, yeah?

Read up, this is a void elf thread

FYI, when people say to go post in the megathread or something, it isnā€™t out of spite, or to shut down the discussion - or at least, most of the time. Its rarely said with malicious intentions. Itā€™s more about basic housekeeping and keeping similar topics compiled into single thread rather than having half a dozen topics about the same thing.

Because, funnily enough, most players reading GD get a bit upset when one topic takes over. Which I think is fair enough.

3 Likes

No. Itā€™s not. The title literally reads "why high elves are a bad idea ". The OP even says High elf or high elves multiple times. Redirecting a topic that was essentially abandoned until you, the OP, decided to bump it, which you even admit to doing and is against the guidelines of GD, doesnā€™t change that.

If you want to discuss void elves then make a new topic that wonā€™t drag people here to talk about high elves.

3 Likes

Read the Post or at least the TL;DR, people like you are the only oneā€™s bumping these posts without anything resourceful to say. you all parrot ā€œspamā€ despite not reading the same comments of previous posters (which is by your definition spam as well), that I have to repeatedly reply to derailing the thread

1 Like

the alliance will NEVER get a core horde race. core races are part of each factions identity

plus theres like 12 high elves left :smile:

how the heck you make an allied race from that?

Iā€™d like to point out that you have edited the OP 11 times (I am pretty sure at least 1 of those is since Iā€™ve been here since the OP seems a lot shorter than when I first entered because yes I DID read the OP before directing you to those threads) so thereā€™s no way to know what youā€™ve messed around with.

Yes, maybe it is spam to redirect and explain, but I think it helps other people who come here in sticking to the original contained sections for this topic and hopefully brings peace back to GD. I think that helps the forum. Anyway, no worries since I donā€™t be back after this.

Iā€™d like to point out that Iā€™ve written down most of what I edited, and have placed things that people have contributed to this thread.

Controversial topics will always exist, a moderator has already seen this forum and it was taken down once, but brought back under the pretense that it was falsely flagged, there is a reason why the replies stopped at one point also,

We arenā€™t making posts under some regime. though read before you post, and Goodbye

In their defence as the game progressed from vanilla there have been more than ā€œ12 high elvesā€

by using Nefarianā€™s experimenting techniques to clone them?

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

tbf no one knows their exact population and im sure many of them have perished already in the same time since vanilla, but there are only a few. so few devs have to get permission from the story team before creating a new named alliance high elf. the fact they are essentially for all intents and purposes blood elves lore and gameplay wise, i dont see them ever being adding beyond flavor NPCs

:woman_shrugging:

hey this guy has an opinion i dont like! FLAG HIM

and this is why i smile every day high elves arent in the game

2 Likes

while I agree that core races should not cross the current faction line, I would not call it impossible.

Removing the wall that is factions could open more possibilities, but another discussion related could arise. Whould it be worth it to put another elf race slot into the game if you could create a ā€œblood elfā€ that interacts friendly with the Alliance?

1 Like

Which is something iā€™m against, I donā€™t understand why blizzard is so confused as to why people keep asking for high elves but at the same time place them time and time again in nearly every expansion, with the Void Elves I feel like this will change but I could be wrong, still I think it wouldnā€™t be good to have a npc race that wonā€™t be playable anytime in the near-future be more represented than playable ones.

2 Likes

why dont we just call the game WORLD at that point. let every race and individual pick a faction. there is no more faction identity defined by core races. just factions of all races

:thinking:
:unamused:

Iā€™ll be fair here, itā€™s clear faction identity hasnā€™t mattered much to blizz since after cata. Elves exist on the Horde, as ā€œbeastsā€ exist on the Alliance so I wouldnā€™t call tearing down faction barriers impossible neither. In fact, we did it in Legion, though that was during a world threatening event.

Only problem is weā€™re running out of world threatening events.

1 Like