Why High Elf Options for Void Elves isn't bad at all or atleast another route to end the debate

They added blue Blood Elves to the Alliance, not the exact same model: one tainted by the void. People ask for the exact Blood Elves models to be added to the Alliance so they can fulfill their RP dream. Void Eleves are different enough than Blood Eleves, there is no confusion.

You’d think Horde would be happy with Suramar night elves too, but your getting undead night elves in the next patch, so…Let people who want high elves have them. There is no harm in it.

Citation required.

No.

3 Likes

One of these threads again then…

Ion’s words that the remnant highelves dont have any real identity nor community fits in well with the Highelf fans. There is no cohesion to their demands.

:1. Fans that want the original Alliance highelves from wc2

Those are the Silvermoon Highelves who left the alliance after the war. The mass majority of them are now seen on the Horde.

:2. We want those elves living in human cities and groups.

Those arent a people or community, those are outliers.

:3. We want the Silver covenant.

They are a militia group of high elves created strictly for the purpose of being against the Bloodelves inclusion in Dalaran and at large. Their very idea is based on the Bloodelves and not of any unique concept.

:4. We just want highelf customizations.

That isnt how it work. Those customizations are based on the major identifier of that race, the bloodelves, who continue the race’s legacy.

:5. Political divide is enough for a player race to be added to the other faction.

Perhaps to you, but no. Almost every race has insurgents or divisions. That doesnt make them playable. Pandaren has repeatedly been stated that it is not a divided race, they consider themselves one race and see the factions as second. It also did not go well on terms of storytelling.

Let’s move on. The idea died long ago.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be so sure. There are 2 pro threads and a con thread at this very moment.

Whining about a decision made does not equate relevance.

You can live in the delusion of it though. The echo chamber megathread would be to your liking.

1 Like

I’m actually neutral on the whole deal, so yea.

I find it amusing that literally giving people what they want is a way to “end the debate”.

3 Likes

There’s already people playing as Anduin already with his face, hair, and etc. Same with Illidan too with the Night Elf Demon Customization Options. So Us not being like Alleria defeats the point of the argument.

I mean heck. Idea of High Elf Customizaton Options to Void Elves is that Void Elves don’t stay as a White High Elf for long because of the Idea of the Two Form feature kind of like the Worgen. Plus also Tattoos would be nice and interesting to the Void Elves since there are almost some players who play Void Elf Hunters would be happy to have tattoos just like Alleria even without being White that is.

I certainly do not see demon hunters in meta all the time. I do not see priests wearing plate and wielding swords. I do not see male draenei not being fridgerators like Velen. And I do not see void elves having a transformation like Alleria, especially considering the lore reasoning for both is very different.

1 Like

I always love seeing post like this, considering that there are High Elves there within the Alliance, and they don’t call themselves Blood Elves.

And yet, it gets ignored all the time.

2 Likes

Yeah but it makes clear that the distinction is only necessitated by a design choice and it isn’t born of the lore itself. Alleria, the original Void Elf, wasn’t forced to look blue for a design choice the developers considered necessary for player characters.

It honestly just shows that sadly customization is hampered by the design sensibility that races have to look different in an arbitrary way from races of the other faction even when it just doesn’t come from the lore itself.

It’s gameplay superseding lore.

2 Likes

Which is, has been, and will always be the point. Kul Tiran humans are humans, but they’re a different race because they look different. Worgen are humans, cursed, but humans. But they are a different race because they look different.

Velen, as I said earlier, is not a refrigerator like other male draenei. He is a progenitor. He and Alleria follow the same logic. It’s nothing new.

“Look different = new race”

Where is the real logic in that? Did you know that when you chose your character and stuff, you’re actually not chosing the race as a whole, but only chosing a faction out of that race?

But that’s the problem, race in wow is wrongly linked to a different enough aesthetic rather than the complex context that we actually call races in real life. They are a different race because they look different just reveals there’s justa disconnect with what WoW calls race and what race arguably is.

That Alleria looks like she does only further proves this; by all meaninful definition she is a Void Elf, she is just not forced by out of universe design choices to be blue.

That Velen gets to look actually old and frail has little to do with your point; that’s really just more that WoW customization is woefully limited and there’s just one body type. It really has nothing to do with the “progenitor” point you are trying to make; it just means NPC’s aren’t constricted by design limitations of playable racial groups.

That’s the point though is that’s how WoW has always operated, which you might wanna educate your fellow pro-helfer on.

Aesthetics define races in WoW. That’s how it’s always been. High elves and blood elves are not aesthetically different to justify either a high elf race, or high elf customization for void elves. This is a waste of time. Void elves should get more customization regarding the void, not less. Purifying them would be beyond boring just like giving the Sunwell back to the blood elves was beyond boring.

Void elves should get customization that sets them apart from other Thalassian elves. They should get sha claws, aqir exoskeletons, extra eyeballs, more severe tendrils, etc.

And on this, then Alleria should lose her nonsensical capability of going back and forth, not keep it. She should be able to fully identify with her people, not live in some half-way house between.

2 Likes

She and they were not made the same way, not even close. She mentors them, she guides them, but she is not one of them.

She was guided, step by careful step to her power by Locus Walker. Only when she was ready, taught to control the negative effects, was she led to drain the dark naaru dry and absorb its power. She is as fully in control of her change as is possible.

Umbric and Co. were assaulted by Durzaan who attempted to discorporate them, to completely remove their material form and make them like ethereals. That transformation, halted before it could be completed (by Alleria and the Champion), left them corrupted beings who constantly struggle against the Void and with nothing like the control of form Alleria has.

They are not the same. She is unique (as many Hero-Class NPCs are). a Void Unicorn…a Voidicorn.

3 Likes

I mean I have always said it’s a silly premise that I hope changes. Not because “that’s how it is” makes it make more sense. Cause it’s really a silly premise which logic merely exists on a gameplay level.

I mean it should, if race in wow was such a nebulous idea that not even the game itself can be consistent about. Alleria just proves that Void Elves and their need to look different were a rushed concept born of their decision of races having to look “different enough”

This forum seems to be alliance rp-er heavy, imo. So it’s not surprising that there might be more of a noticeable presence of the helfers here.

1 Like

Says you. I’ve been fighting beside them since Wrath…and other high elves since Vanilla. Vareesa was my comrade through Pandaria, we fought beside Night Elves and Blood Elves in Suramar…their “shield mages” are the first thing I see when I zone into a Arathi Warfront. They are all over the Alliance, and I’m exalted with them. For some one dimensional faction you are so quick to write off, they sure keep showing up a lot.

1 Like