Why herb when you can fish?

I herb and mine because the nodes give exp. Once I am at level cap the desire to gather kind of goes away.

Fishing is something I do, but it seems like it’s harder to find a place where you will be left alone without being invited to fight every couple of minutes.

I have sold a few mats, but not a lot this expansion. Haven’t really been paying attention to the AH all that much. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can’t use fish to make flasks.

4 Likes

Not true at all. Plenty of bots with warmode on, usually grouped up together out the ways.

If you kill them too many times, they get on their opposite faction toons and come fight. After you kill them a few more times, they call in reinforcements (true story)

Shush! Don’t tell our secrets!

Fishing is soooo boring and tedious. Don’t fish, its way more fun to run around picking herbs - that’s much better profit :partying_face:

1 Like

Because prancing around as a deer and picking flowers is about 1000x more engaging than standing in one spot and clicking the mouse every (semi-random interval) seconds.

1 Like

I’m the opposite, I can easily read while fishing, but I absolutely can’t read while gathering something.

1 Like

Oh, I’m not reading. My imagination runs wild on its own with that, so I would definitely have a harder time in that case.

Farming Maldraxxis or Revendreth is pretty lucrative. 100g+ per herb, 3-5 per node.

1 Like

Its not too shabby, only need to flick your eyes for a half second to relocate the new bobber, always use the oversized one. listening to music with only the sound effects to hear the bobber active in wow. Can still keep that good ol immersion rollin :smiley:

Nah, you cast and immediately move your mouse to hover over the bobber. Then go back to reading. When you hear the splash, just click without looking at the screen. Then cast and look again to hover over the bobber.

Is this a toe may toe -vs- toe mah toe thing?

We need to start trading resources for herbs ,fish for herbs!

huh? I thought that’s exactly what I had described :smiley:

I misread as cast, read, then have to look back and move the cursor when you heard the splash. I hate hearing the splash and then having to look over and find the bobber.

It’s still a good way to do something else while WoW is up in a window. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why do professions when you can buy a wow token

Fishing works best when I’m watching and listening. I play on low settings since my Graphics Card isn’t supported any longer.

So no podcast and no alt-tabbing? Eh, no thanks.

yeah its a good point. been averaging about 750K gold per week fishing since start. Much easier than running around for herbs BUT i do have herbs and mining together so on some days im pulling down more as i go between quests.

SL has been great 11.5million gold so far since launch. Very casual friendly.

1 Like

I like fishing too. I also like your post.

I’m imagining a thoughtful gnome sitting on a peaceful rock and casting a line while mechanical druids rush by.

Plop! A bite! :fishing_pole_and_fish: :fish:

I’d imagine potions and flasks

Both is good.

Fishing has been the most lucrative market for me for quite a long time. Ive made a ton just on the monthly haul of Daggermaw you get at the DM Faire. Effort to profit ratio has been off the charts for the beginning of this xpac. Alot of people are leveling and grinding professions like alch and cooking, etc. The market for fish is pretty open right now but pretty soon the market will have to come down I fear.
Enjoy it while it lasts.