Why herb when you can fish?

So I was sitting in Ardenweald fishing up Iridescent Amberjacks and I see druids in travel form running by gathering herbs over and over and I thought, as I reeled in another fish: why bother doing that when you can just sit here and fish and make just as much gold, if not more?

To collect herbs you have to be constantly moving, running from node to node over and over. Now, I’m talking real individual players here, not bots because obviously botting is a whole different thing. But for a player who think, maybe I’ll collect some herbs and flog 'em for profit, it just seems fishing for certain fish is a lot simpler.

Obviously values differ from server to server, but fish like Silvergill Pike and Iridescent Amberjack can sell for as much or more than a number of types of herbs. Silvergills are currently listing on my AH for around 50g each. Now certainly there are herbs that sell for more - Marrowroot and Widowbloom for example - but they are in zones that are very heavy mob-wise and a lot harder to gather through.

Anyhow, that was my thought while fishing. I know things will change over the months but while the fishing is good I’ll tend to do it to make a little gold…which I can even use to buy the herbs I need and save my feet all that walking.

:fishing_pole_and_fish: :fishing_pole_and_fish:

EDIT: I am not making a post to talk about bots. There are enough of those already, thank you very much. My point was that I, as a single player, was curious about whether it was more economical, timewise, to fish rather than herb.

Not botting, ok? Seriously guys…

10 Likes

Because I can gather herbs on the way to what I’m doing instead of sitting in one spot clicking my mouse every few seconds.

9 Likes

Well yes you can, but I am more talking people who do nothing BUT farm during a play session.

What do you think people need herbs for?

Those are bots.

3 Likes

Also this.

Shush you, don’t let out the secret! :wink: :wink:

1 Like

Bots really are taking over. Fishing for profit and sanity may be our refuge.

But seriously: Blizzard could have a bot crisis with boycotts if they don’t take it serious. It really has gotten worse, like even in Classic, last couple months.

1 Like

That’s generalising. I’ve run around a zone on my druid in travel form to collect a few herbs, because she is a Scribe and needs them to level up and to make things like Missives. Just because I am a druid in travel form collecting herbs and following the map with marks provided by GatherMate, doesn’t mean I’m a bot, and it doesn’t make every such character a bot.

But this post isn’t about bots - its about fishing.

1 Like

Because they smell nice and you can make tea with them and put them in candles?

Silly questions deserve silly answers :upside_down_face:

Fishing makes less than herbs i believe.

Also, I get free fishies when I kill things on my druid, yay Niya bags!

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Those people have something wrong with them, regardless of what resources they’re farming.

And yes, that includes you and your fishing.

I tried the in game fishing once, I don’t know when I fell asleep but I woke up at 8am the next morning.

7 Likes

The best way to reduce the number of bots is to reduce the herb requirements for potions. Five or six herbs for 1 potion is ridiculous.

Widowbloom wouldn’t be selling for 100+ gold per flower if the potion recipes didn’t require 5 Widowbloom per potion.

1 Like

are the two person teams that farm all day, one riding on the other’s druid travel form, bots?

they are everywhere and it’s at least 2boxers. tank form for the anti daze, druid has roots, and 2 chars to loot each node.

if it’s not bots that combo must be extremely real world profitable.

Why not both?

:fishing_pole_and_fish: & :sunflower:

1 Like

Could you elaborate, please?

My ADD doesn’t allow me to just sit in a spot doing nothing

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4a/8e/66/4a8e662d37f1abab9f2cfa24b4cab75d.gif

2 Likes

You folks saying fishing in WoW is boring are doing it wrong. Put on some TV, start drinking lots of beer, and bam! Wake up two hours later with stacks and stacks of fish in your bags.

1 Like

Every kind of gathering in this game is suffering. From mining to fishing to herbing to whatever the hell Tailors do for their mats.

Anyone who willingly puts themselves through that is broken in some way.