Why hate neutrality?

no its not. its what made warcraft 1 2 and part of 3.

2 Likes

Which made up the foundation of World of Warcraft.

3 Likes

and it was centered around mostly pve pvp wasnt added until later in the game. yeah you could world pvp but it wasnt a supported medium. arena didnt even get added until tbc.

1 Like

But this is what happened, because the developers weren’t competent enough to maintain the status quo. The sooner you start to accept this, the happier you will be.

Which included PvE objectives against either faction.

Ashvenvale and Hillsbrad jumps to mind as to some examples.

1 Like

I accept that my tastes are angling towards more vibrant franchises as this one withers.

Like 40k Warhammer.

I think they’re getting a live action series soon, made by Henry Cavill.

1 Like

I have no problem with neutrality as long as it means all of the stories moving forward will be Horde-centric, revolving around Horde characters, in Horde situations, about Horde races.

And the Alliance should just be invisible. If an Alliance NPC has to appear at all, they should be made to look foolish and weak.

Would you be okay with that?

Because that’s what “neutrality” means if you enjoy playing WoW as Horde, ever since Legion.

6 Likes

Sylvanas alone got more screen time in the last two expansions than pretty much the entire alliance combined. And yes, she still counts as horde in Shadowlands.

Dragonflight actually is neutral, although you guys did get the Black Dragonflight Aspect given explicitly to a horde member.

Dragonflight is neutral? Did you just skip the current patch?

And if you think turning faction NPC’s into raid bosses is representation, I’d be fine if we spent the next 20 years killing important Alliance NPC’s, and that was the Alliance’s “representation”.

Jaina & Mekkatorque are overdue for sure.

4 Likes

This is the good will they showed for the upsetting World War II scenario with the wipe-out idea from the fired developer.

I’m a gameplay first type of person, so the faction war has always seemed stupid to me since it split the playerbase.

Then they killed pvp realms, then they made it so you could fight on either side in battlegrounds, then they made dungeons and guilds cross-faction, and at this point they should just have the factions make peace because they don’t mean anything gameplay-wise anymore.

1 Like

So you say this, asking a question.

Then you say this, basically saying you do not want to hear anything but players that agree with you.

Thats where i stopped reading.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Can we have true neutrality? And i don’t mean lorewise, they can write anything, I wonder if the game’s code can allow for that.

And there will be a new battlegrounds on War Within, so faction conflict will still be a thing.

I don’t think they can afford another faction war plotline either, I know some people want the alliance to be the bad guys, but let’s be honest, people that pick alliance normally don’t want to be the bad guys, meanwhile horde always had more edge both in themes and in playerbase.

I think faction conflict will always exist, but I don’t think another faction war will start.

1 Like

9 Likes

The war in the old RTS game and even early WoW was great to start out the game, give a reason things happened and why they are the way they are.
But at a point of actually working together so many times, continuing this dead horse ‘war’ just seems like that time the US government started a war to get some oil or natural resources, lol…forced, labored and unnecessary.

1 Like

Simple. Neutrality is boring. the orcs vs human has gotten stale and isn’t fair to the rest of the members (and it started to get really stupid justifying races taking opposite sides for no reason at all.)
We need faction wars. Not friendship tea parties or us versus them. Actual factions. Actually trying to make goals happen. You know… like wc3 had.

6 Likes

Those are the “peaked in high school” type of people. They can’t let go of what they perceive as their glory days.

Faction war worked 20 years ago but it’s absolutely run it’s course. Time to let it die.

Case in point.

4 Likes

This is kind of a nasty thing to say about people that enjoy a certain theme in a computer game.

12 Likes

Most of the arguments for the faction war goes to early wow or wc3. Maybe what I said was harsh but I still believe it’s a “stuck in the past” mind set.

4 Likes