Why hate neutrality?

The Scarlets working with the Alliance to restore Gilneas then backstabbing them. Disgruntlement withing the Horde due to Calia and causing internal political tension. These are such great ideas.

Blizz are literally WASTING opportunities for interesting stories.

5 Likes

That’s your prerogative, as much as I don’t understand it.

nah idc, faction warfare is good in PvP but otherwise bad for playerbase

Nope. I don’t like chili.

Yes, how curious that people would ever want to roleplay in a roleplay game.

There are times to roleplay and times not to. Mythic+? Not a time to roleplay. Raid? Not a time to roleplay. Instanced PvP? Not a time to roleplay. You can have a character with prejudices, but doing end game content such as those I previously listed it seems more like a hinderance to refuse to party with certain races.

Of course, people are still free to leave these things for such reasons, and not everyone is doing Mythic+, Raid, and or Instanced PvP. I’m looking at this from the perspective of doing certain content where race only matters in terms of racials. So yes, people may do that for roleplay purposes, context does matter. I’m looking at it with a lense of clearing content to clear content.

It’s their $15 a month though, they can play the way they want to.

I know, I’m not saying they can’t, but if you’re refusing to be in a group for M+ or Raid due to one person’s race, I don’t understand that. And that’s okay. I don’t have to understand it, I’m not telling people how to play or insulting them for it, like you said, they can play how they want to. I’m not disagreeing with you.

They do this on purpose, regardless of what the community wants. Neutrality has nothing to do with this.

And I’m just some jerk on the internet. How is it that people who’s job it literally is to create interesting plot lines can’t figure this out? Heck, the Scarlet one was pretty much already foreshadowed but Blizzard was like, “Meh nah, let’s make everyone happy friends.”

Boring and bland. If you want people to be friends, the Forsaken and Horde at large, should be struggling with how to make amends over the wrongs of Garrosh and Sylvanas. Instead the Alliance (and Anduin in particular) is like “All good bros, you only killed my family. No big deal.”

Ho-lee crap.
:roll_eyes:

Honestly I’d rather an Alliance leader go bad. It is kind of our turn to crap all over peace for once. The best part about Vanilla WoW is in spite of the cold war between the 2 factions, there really wasn’t a good or evil faction, and that got thrown away with Garrosh, and outright annihilated with Sylvanas. The Horde trying to make amends and getting exploited for it by such a character is the perfect next step that will never happen.

4 Likes

only folks who don’t like neutrality, are folks who wanna pvp, or have huge faction loyalty.

that’s it, as far as i can tell. most other folks are ok with neutrality.

2 Likes

Let’s be honest? ok. The faction war was got me hooked on wow. I play retail and smashing alliance is pretty much the only thing I enjoy doing in this game.

With the introdcution of a lot of embarassing races to the horde, I would not mind if there was some kind of an optional faction merge where I would be free to kill players from either faction, but as far as conflict being bad, no, it’s the only reason that i’m still playing.

As far as the story being all over the place? You’re right. The story has been absolute garbage. I got back into wow in bfa excited about the faction conflict where instead of a faction conflict we got c’thulu nonsense. The story has been extremely goofy and honestly for me it makes more sense to just ignore it outright because of how bad some of the writing is.

The chromie dungeon has dialogue that seems to be written with a 8 year old audience in mind. It is embarassing to sit through.

Also all the legacy characters I ever cared about are gone.

This was just me responding to everything you said, I’m not making any argument one way or the other.

eh, I have enough Faction Pride that I deleted my Alliance Dracthyr to make a Horde one.

I would just rather them stick with stories that don’t involve faction conflict if “faction conflict” means “repeatedly hit the Horde with the Villain Bat every expansion”

1 Like

You cannot remove the foundation of the game and pretend like it was never there, you can’t even really dislike it. It’s called Warcraft.

Undoing 20 years of lore because joe blow thinks its outdated will never be the play, everything they have done from SL/DF and parts of BFA has only damaged the game permanently. You have people thinking velf paladins should be allowed and playable eredar are acceptable when they’re never going to be.

3 Likes

The Faction War has been stupid ever since we came together to open the gates of Ahn’Qiraj back in Vanilla, and learned we’re much better together, especially when there’s an extinction-level threat we’re facing, which is almost every expansion.

Continuous attempts to revive it just to placate the PvP whiners has always had to rely on group-dementia and learning disabilities on a massive scale by our characters and NPCs, which isn’t fun to play because playing in a world of idiots feels bad.

4 Likes

Nah conflict is what made the story and game good. Let’s get back to that :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

So those that are actually invested in the story of WARcraft. Correct.

Serious question: Why do you want it otherwise when you are not invested in the story?

I don’t want to change how things are mechanically working now. So no forcing people into PvP situations they don’t want, so you are incorrect about this being about PvP. The faction loyalty is true, but only within the story. I stated right above you that I think Blizzard overdid the Horde playing the badguy in expansions past.

This right here is why I can’t take people who push for an end to the faction conflict seriously. It’s utter insanity to think something like that can be rectified by killing a few squatting zealots or keeping a tree from burning, especially when you’re responsible for burning the first and almost everyone living on it.

It would make sense at this point. One can only take so many attempted exterminations from the same people before they decide to be proactive.
And because it would make sense I’m sure blizzard isn’t going to go anywhere near it.

2 Likes

What was the faction ratio on those most popular pvp servers? I’ll give you a hint, they might as well have been pve servers.

Blizzard has already been doing that for the past 5-6 years. Maybe even more.