Why has there been Zero WoW movies on Netflix?

You would think with the talented art team why has WOW not done a series like League?

1 Like

Video game movies tend to be bad. The Warcraft movie was not an exception to this. Considering that the Film Universe changed plot points pretty significantly (in a fairly easy to understand story no less) to pander to audiences, and this risked impacting Warcraft games

During the buildup to WCIII: Reforged, we were told that we might get custom campaigns, including the old RTS campaigns, but Orcs & Humans would be “influenced by the movie.”

Given that we only narrowly dodged that abomination because of rushed content, greedy individuals and laziness, I’d really rather not.

“Whoah, it’s like Warcraft but on TV!!” is not all that interesting.

2 Likes

It would probably be terrible like the Warcraft movie.

There was a movie with Will Smith in it called Bright. It wasn’t a WoW movie, but kind of interesting. Especially the shootout in the TT bar.

2 Likes

Most wow stories are pretty bad but there are positive exceptions.

The war of the ancients ( wc3) was a really good series. The tokyo pop short stories were also great… then there is the rest.

I could see wow doing well as fantasy tv show. So long as it isnt serialized and each episode is its own seperate short story about the world.

I’d like them to do an animated series or something, I think there is an old one maybe?

an animated series, with a band of like, “player characters” doing content could be interesting.

but like, the right level of serious and comedy and stakes. a main 5 dungeon team players. on each faction. and each episode could be events where they get quests that that compete for the same tasks/ resources.
eventually spiraling into the madness of larger and larger quests directly from the leaders who have taken notice of them and bring them to the higher ranks.

connected stories can easily work if the characters are interesting.
time to save the world and all that, but having fun along the way.

or maybe a more, its actually a game set up like how “BOFURI: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense” did it

That’s more Shadowrun than anything else.

1 Like

Arcane and Castlevania are the exception, not the norm.

I want a story about Zovaal and how Zovaal was totally there the whole time and how he literally set up every plot point. Ah Zovaal, what a cool character.

The Cyberpunk anime was really good too.

1 Like

What was wrong with it? I thought it was alright. I wish there would have been follow up movies maybe to the Outlands or something.

2 Likes

not too much on the Warcraft movie, it really wasn’t that bad man.

I enjoyed it.

1 Like

And yet

Sonic the Hedgehog 1 and 2 made money and critical success

Pokémon made money and critical success

I think I saw the Warcraft movie is coming to Netflix soon.

[edit] It’s not very good though.

the WoW movie was poorly received.

Fixed that for ya

That was bad. There was no context for like 90% of what was said in that video. It was basically just sentiments. It was poorly scripted.

Video game movies tend to flop BAD. Very few like Sonic have succeeded. The live action wow movie was SO BAD for so many reasons.

What they said was true. The original Sonic movie was gonna flop due to bad design in Sonic’s look. They took feedback and changed Sonic to become what he was in the movie now and that gave them HUGE success, combine that with having a true-for-gamer themes for the Sonic fanbase: music, design, zones, sonic’s well known personality, and making the movie silly yet serious was pure gold.

“Sargeras, all your battles up until now have been in the palm of my hand.” - Sosuke Zovaal

1 Like