Why greater drums? just add tinnitus

Just nerf drums and leave the content as-is. Players are better than they were in 2008, so you don’t need 16-20 Leatherworkers to clear Sunwell anymore. If anything, giving us Tinnitus will make the Sunwell DPS checks feel almost relevant again, which is a good thing.

Also, if one of the following changes isn’t implemented to drums, then you will have actually straight up lied to us at BlizzCon:

1. 1-2 minute Tinnitus debuff is added to drums.
  2. Drums do not require Leatherworking to use.
  3. Drums provide a raid-wide buff, instead of party-wide.

At BlizzCon, it was explicitly stated that something will be done in order to make us not want to bring 20 Leatherworkers to a raid. That was said. This “change” with lesser/greater drums does absolutely nothing to make that statement true.

Just fix the drums instead of lying to us.

10 Likes

I’d rather they just nerf drums, which will make Sunwell harder. Full sweat raids are already going to kill Brutallus in sub-5 minutes on day 1, so who cares if drums are nerfed and it’s still easy to smash his berserk timer? Back in the day, that 6 minute berserk was a massive wall for all but the best.

3 Likes

You’re not really buffing the raid since they’d all have drums anyways, also gives people alittle bit mroe choice on their professions which isn’t a bad thing.

Good thing we’re getting pre-nerf raids then?

Drums are definitely not needed to kill brut. my guild did it with very few lw in the raid first week and players and computers are much better now than back then. M’uru is maybe the only fight where you might need drums without much sunwell gear in the raid. Even then I think the skilled guilds won’t need it.

And if you have the dps to kill M’uru you can kill KJ.

1 Like

Back in the day, there were gates after Felmyst, Twins, and M’uru that each took something like a full week to open. This means guilds will guaranteed have 3 weeks’ worth of Sunwell gear before they can even pull M’uru. It’s not a ton, but it’s not nothing either. Don’t forget Sunwell was the time when tier bosses dropped 3 tokens each, so that’s 27 tokens you’ll have by then–slightly more than 1 per player on average.

I forgot about the raid time gating. You’re right. But I know Brut can be done with just BT/Hyjal gear and very few drums in the raid. With more skill, I think we would have done it with zero drums. And he’s only one of two dps checks in there.

Exactly. While I’m aware the raid DPS gap between original TBC and classic TBC won’t be nearly as big as from Vanilla to Classic, it’ll be both present and noticeable. A minor indirect buff to Sunwell is a good thing.

“We want TBC to feel authentic, but we’re also going to give all Paladins all seals, make these changes to arena, etc. etc.”

Listen, just make it so Drums give a Sated debuff.

2 Likes

The fact that it was tested and tuned based around a profession shows where you made a mistake in the first place. You shouldn’t be tuning anything around a profession. Own up to your mistake, and fix it.

10 Likes

100% what you said.

Retail is a prime example of this in game design - Covenants, Azerite/corruption & Artifact Power/legendaries skewed the balance so severely they then have to tune class skills/abilities and raid fights to cater for it.

Drums is such a small thing to fix in comparison.

1 Like

I think drums are fine the way they were in 2.4.3, and this lesser/greater drums idea is ok too. Drums won’t make that big of a difference, and won’t be required by most guilds, just like most don’t require engineering in classic.

Sounds like the problem is the players. You’re whining about player behaviors, and no matter what direction Blizzard takes, players will find a way to ruin it. Just choose to not be a parse-lord. You can choose to ignore the meta.

R E M O V E D R U M S
or
MAKE MY EARS BLEED

I can’t like this post enough. I laughed so hard when I scrolled down and read it :rofl:

Okay, but that also means we can’t be in any serious guilds.

This is sad…you justify giving alliance paladins seal of blood, yet you won’t change drums. Sounds like you have already changed the game more then it should.

1 Like

No you can’t, especially if you want to enjoy literally any of the content that BC offers.

I agree. Blizzard should revert back Seal of Blood being horde only.
And keep drums like they are in 2.4.3 instead of adding a new drums recipe with the better version.

:drum: They see me drummin’, they hatin’ :drum:

Nah. They should get rid of drums entirely, and the seal change was good for both factions.

1 Like