Why greater drums? just add tinnitus

Well, you’re supporting a change that will affect other’s gameplay whilst I support something to not be changed that does not affect your game play at all.

Blizzard has stated that if the Drums were to be nerfed, sunwell would have to be rebalanced as a result.

Is that not a developer endorsement that drums are mandatory?

The developers themselves are telling you that they are required.

4 Likes

You support a change that will affect peoples’ interactions with their guild, the decisions they have to make and pressures they face, all for upholding a boring, obnoxious maintenance buff.

It will affect my gameplay. I’m going to have to go LW on my Shaman for raid, on top of BS for the maces.

1 Like

I don’t particularly buy the blue post because I know Brutallus is killable without drums in 2008 with basically only BT/Hyjal gear. M’uru is definitely a hard dps check, but can still be done without drums especially with the better players and knowledge today.

On private servers, players are doing waaaay more dps than people did back in 2008. it’s like patchwerk in wow classic, though not nearly as extreme.

1 Like

You couldn’t be more wrong. I do not support a change. I support a no-change here. I want people to have the choice of getting LW or not. You want Blizzard to make the choice for you. I call it weakness and lack of will.

It won’t affect. You can play without LW and without drums.
If your guild is demanding you to go with LW, then quit the guild. Go play with people that won’t ask you to do something you don’t want to do in the first place.

You deserve better.

Believe in yourself!

They keep the boost in and i’m out.

4 Likes

You support players being pressured and forced into going LW or not being able to raid in a serious guild.

Correct, but not if I want to play in a serious guild.

So because I don’t want to be forced into something, I have to abandon the community I spent Classic?

We also don’t know what the state of drums will be in Classic TBC, nor is my guild forcing players. The hardcore raid may do so but that still isn’t confirmed. I’m just speaking from the perspective of many players who didn’t like WBs and definitely won’t like drums.

1 Like

Who is pressuring you? Right now?
Get away from those people. You deserve better. Trust yourself. Put yourself first!

Then you want to have it both ways. If a serious guild knew you are talking like this, I doubt they would take you.

Yes, the game isn’t forcing you. The guild is (supposedly) doing.
Stop playing with those people.

Play with people that do not demand you to do things you do not want.
Be free.

It is 2021.

All the best for you!

1 Like

My alts are sad because you can guarantee the later phase GDKPs will give a bonus to everyone that is a LW (AQ40 engineers that used sappers got an extra 30% cut on my server). Just remove the profession to use requirement - LW make money selling drums - still get 20/25 ppl with drums in the raid - ez pz fix

1 Like

Agreed. Even if players clear the content without drums, the raids will be scaled assuming everyone has them, and since they didn’t really change the drums, by extension assuming 20+/25 is LW. They just should never have put their collective foot in their mouth. There wouldn’t be this much outrage if they hadn’t said anything in the first place about not making drums “feel” mandatory (whether or not they actually are).

1 Like

Hit the nail on the head there. The fact they said they were going to “fix” it so that not everyone had to be leatherworking, then announced a fix that doesn’t do that, has basically just broken the trust of the whole community - idc which way they go with this… just don’t feed us bull#### next time

6 Likes

The trust was broken quite some time ago.

1 Like

I’ve gone through plenty of GDKP and no one got anything more because of that.
Although in raids with SR, people used to get an additional SR for using consumables and having world buffs.

I’d love to see them bring back some of the Vanilla/TBC game designers as consultants for the Classic series - those guys know the vision they had for the game at the time and know now in hindsight where mistakes were made.

2 Likes

On a hunch I decided to take a look at this statement a bit further because I knew with certainty that Premonition didn’t have 100% uptime on drums during Kil’jaeden. For reference I used both the world first kill by SK Gaming and the US 3rd kill by Premonition, both guilds had roughly 50-60% uptime on Drums.

So back to what I’ve been saying this entire thread, even world first raiders in BC did not min-max to the extreme that is forced upon the playerbase today because parse culture was not a thing and it was just a fun game to play. No change to drums will make LWing forced upon the playerbase because of how stingy guilds and fellow players have become regarding “lol you’re not at least purple parsing, go find a trash guild to join”. This happens in Retail and Classic Vanilla because nobody values mechanical prowess anymore and they only care about the numbers you can pump/cheese out. Parse culture has no place in Classic BC, the only way to remove the cancer is for you, Blizzard, to make changes to things that WILL cause problems and enable toxic behavior.

7 Likes

If the community / guild is the one u spent time with in classic, and they are the ones forcing u to do something u don’t want to do then yes…how is that even a question?

1 Like

We already know any guild pushing content is going to require them to maintain a persistent 5% haste buff. Do you really need testing to confirm the player mindset?

3 Likes

Blizzard’s attitude toward drums was tone deaf, ignorant, and lacking (as always). An entire group of people reacted to the drums changes on various websites including: Twitch, YouTube, Reddit, Twitter, and yes, the WoW forums. Then, after all of the criticism, what was Blizzard’s new response? We think they’re fine. The only “good” things that came out of their response were these:
1). They will wait to see how drums are perceived through raid testing on the beta (in the near future)
2). They responded to the massive criticism within 48 hours

That’s it. I love World of Warcraft. Been playing since original TBC. The community has been VERY flexible on this topic (drums), going as far as offering suggestions TO Blizzard that WE would like to see. Just add the 2 min debuff (problem solved). Would cause the “least” amount of uproar and creates a win-win for both the players AND Blizzard,

1 Like

This is a fact. My own thread shows this is the case.

How do you think they ended up with 58 boost?