Why greater drums? just add tinnitus

I really hope you guys go back on this, consider just removing the Leatherworking requirement on the drums. If they’re a mandatory consumable that is fine by me, drum rotations are a unique TBC-only thing anyways, but I refuse to go Leatherworking.

Even these current changes are fine by me if you just remove “Requires Leatherworking”. 8 yard range and a 1 second cast time is annoying, but it makes them less attractive as you said. Leatherworking will be a wonderful profession still if people can just sell these on the AH to non-LWs.

2 Likes

"Okay okay, we heard you guys, greater drums don’t fully solve the problem. So what we’ve done instead, is everybody has a ‘Beat Bar’ that resets weekly. You can only use drums while you have ‘beats’ remaining in your Beat Bear. If you want to increase the number of beats available in your Beat Bar you can queue up for ‘Drum Battles’. If you win 5 drum battles per week you gain an extra beat in your Beat Bar.

…better?"

8 Likes

They’re still mandatory before ZA, you’ll just be raid stacking groups for every fight that allows it. so not only will drums affect the professions of raiders, now they will even dictate how every boss fight is executed too.

17 Likes

This is a good solution, Blizzard. Thank you for trying to be faithful to real TBC and not caving into people’s demands.

3 Likes

This is a terrible change. Now you just add an annoyance by calling a stack to pop drums and not reducing the actual amount of leatherworkers in raid.

22 Likes

Players are free to decide on their own if 8yd drums are worth using or not. It’s how the game was.

3 Likes

Damn, should they go as they were will be damaging to the game, even if it takes a later patch.
Not cool blizzard.

this hurts my head on what blizzard simp would actually welcome this change. 25/25 people still want lw now its actually even worse

20 Likes

I mean come on, they promised no boost and they did it anyway.
What can we really expect?

8 Likes

Are you drunk? They said that they wanted to make changes so that drums didn’t feel “necessary” through taking LW. How is them keeping “faithful” to real TBC a good thing when they told the entire world (community) that they were going to make changes?

14 Likes

stop typing

2 Likes

In that case kill the layers and make people sit in queues for 10 hours

Its how the game was

11 Likes

Shadowlands is that way.

So we’ve still got mandatory leatherworking (which is the main problem here) except now we’ve just got it later? That solves nothing.

5 Likes

Gonna be fun when all 10 of your players in ZA have to keep rolling on the ‘good’ drums pattern. Because they all have to be leatherworkers. Because whoever designed these drums is really bad at math.

11 Likes

At least now I understand the nochanges people a little.

Even when they already had 3-4 solutions tailor made for this situation, they somehow managed to come up with a worse one.

34 Likes

YOu get it earlier and drop it at ZA when you have the raid wide versions.

Blizzard is not forcing you into a profession. Your account, chose the profession you want. I guess you don’t want to say it, you want to min-max.

4 Likes

They’re even worse at math on the retail side.

Make drums usable by anybody regardless of the profession or make a debuff so everyone can only get the buff once every 2 minutes or something. Those are your choices. Do it.

2 Likes