Why greater drums? just add tinnitus

Any1 else get “Mats for LW up 400%” on their WoW Bingo Card?

4 Likes

In what way does this prevent people feeling forced to have LW just for drums?

27 Likes

What about not encouraging 20/25 raids to have LW just for drums? Was the attempt to avoid this abandoned?

27 Likes

Actually so bad lmao. Just turns every fight into Loatheb where everyone has to gather for the drums buff. It’s going to be such unfun gameplay and actually makes it worse.

24 Likes

This isn’t going to work.

People will just you the scrubby 8 yard drums. Its not that hard to get everyone to group up when you plan to use them.

SO leather working is going to be mandatory. The exact thing you wanted to avoid. DO you even understand the game blizzard?

49 Likes

this has to be the dumbest “fix” ever. Just leave them as they were in tbc

22 Likes

Really confused about this. Will drums have the leatherworking-to-use requirement removed? Because, if not, this doesn’t change anything, and min-maxers will still be forced to roll a profession that otherwise does nothing for them. For those that are happy to pop drums, but not to be LW, there will be an implicit expectation that now we have to re-roll professions. Even in more casual guilds, because even more so in the “lower ability” guilds are there those that adhere to metas without understanding why 1, 2, or 3 won’t change their outcomes. I mean, we need a bit more info here. Will there be a cooldown, will these be raid-wide instead of party-wide, what is being done “to address the drum meta so not everyone has to go LW” as was stated at Blizzcon. Hope you can circle back on this. Almost all you said here sounds good, dude, but there’s plenty of questions that we have that this post didn’t address.

5 Likes

You know I must disagree with this. Outrage is never productive.

I do 1000% agree with you here! I abhor the current world buff meta and all the mindset that goes with it.

The solution is to make levelheaded arguments more so than outrageous ones.

The fact that Kaivax posted on the topic shows they are aware and listening.

Hang in their man.

2 Likes

How does this fix the problem of preventing everyone in the raid from having to go LW? Do you guys even play your own game? Please address the actual problem.

21 Likes

I’m a leatherworker.

What happened to actually changing how this worked as was mentioned at blizzcon?
Don’t get me wrong, just seems abit of a lazy backpeddle on the dev teams part.

Only 20/25 raiders /eyeroll.

1 Like

Maybe they think the 8yrd range will be crappy enough that the meta doesn’t happen until ZA? But it will still happen after ZA which is…cool?

3 Likes

Is this for real? So drums are still BiS, but annoying to use and then in ZA patch more expensive to craft the not annoying ones? You actually can’t make this up. Bravo.

37 Likes

So everyone now required to be LW since no nerf. Gotcha

You developper sure know how to listen to the player base. cough

27 Likes

This still makes leatherworking mandatory…just not until Sunwell.

This is really worst case scenario. You used to be able to pick up leatherworking for drums, and then every time you get a ring, you could then pick up enchanting to then enchant it. Then drop enchanting to pick up leatherworking again. By making this a raid drop you can no longer get the recipe for the good drums unless you get the recipe from the raid again. Please at the very least make the greater drums recipe be able to be bought from a vendor once Zul’Aman is released.

21 Likes

YES it is, baby.

Right, But we don’t really want Drum rotations… Its deadlocking at least 20 of your raiders into playing leatherworking simply to keep majority uptime on drums.

The reason people are asking to see this changed, is people don’t want to be pigeon holed into taking LWing to simply provide a 5% haste buff to their party.

TBC is one of the best times for professions in wows history, and locking your character into a profession because “the meta” would totally kill that.

The most important lesson we learned in Classic is: You can set the game to how it was back then, but the knowledge that comes with the last 15 years means no one is going to play the game like how is was back then.

Don’t forget Leatherworking also supplies Physical dps with their leg enchants as well. Leatherworking doesn’t live or die on drums.

48 Likes

plz no just make them give a debuff after 1 use or raid wide

9 Likes

This sounds so contrarian to what they said at the round table… Now we all have to stand together in a little group for most of TBC? This makes it even more toxic lol

19 Likes

So to be clear, are these improved drums that drop in ZA going to be raid wide or party only? Because if raid wide, sign me up. If they are just more expensive and still limited to party, you’ve solved nothing and made the gameplay objectively worse. It requires more grinding, and you still need 25 drummers in a raid because the drums are ridiculously more powerful compared to any other profession. I thought we were trying to avoid this. If not let me know so I can cancel my plans to participate in TBC.

12 Likes